Complaint Review: letstalk.com

• Submitted: Tue, September 14, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 14, 2010

• Reported By: Angie — Denton Nebraska United States of America
letstalk.com
201 Mission Street 30th Floor San Francisco, California United States of America

letstalk.com Charged $500 early disconnect fee for phones that were not disconnected! Rude customer service, and then they refuse to even call back! San Francisco, California

We purchased upgraded cell phones from Walmart.com (did not realize at the time it was actually thru letstalk.com). We received the phones and they came programmed with the wrong numbers. We contacted our cell service provider and they helped us reprogram the phones.

Six months later I recieved an email from letstalk.com that we had been charged an early termination fee of $250/phone. When I explained the situation they claimed there was nothing they could do. They charged this fee without knowing the disconnect date, and 180 days had passed, which they are not allowed to charge after that time.

They did not understand we still have the phones and the same service, with the same provider. They will not refund the money, they will not return my calls or answer my letters. They took this $500 out of our checking account with no warning whatsoever. They just keep repeating the same nonsense over and over that I should have called them when the phones came wrong, and it was in the paperwork, in the box. I have checked the box, it was not. Why would I call the retailer? I called my service provider, who by the way has been wonderful.

They will not tell me if they were paid their commission, (and possibly were paid twice) or how they knew the disconnect date was even within the 180 day window.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2010 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/letstalkcom/San-Francisco-California-94105/letstalkcom-Charged-500-early-disconnect-fee-for-phones-that-were-not-disconnected-Rud-640478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on letstalk.com