Complaint Review: Lex Kogan

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: andrea — brooklyn New York
Lex Kogan
atenas, costa rica Atenas, Select State/Province United States of America

Lex Kogan Eric Taub Liars and thieves who pray on individuals who are truly ill and desperate for a cure. Lex and Eric will say whatever it takes to convince you that they can cure your addiction. But reality is they jus Atenas, costa rica

*Consumer Comment: Allegations Not True

*Consumer Comment: MY experience with Lex Kogan

*Consumer Comment: Opposite opinion on this one.

Ibogaine has the potential to aid opiate addicts going through detox. However, the proper and safe ways to administer it for this purpose are not easily available for those who need it. Ibogaine is a relatively new drug to the western world and since it is banned in America, there is a great deal of misinformation surrounding it. If the FDA had truly allowed proper research to take place, then accurate information about its benefits and dangers would be readily available. But since its not, an entire underground has emerged.

An underground of greedy and dishonest individuals who portray themselves as medicine men saviors. But in reality, they are nothing more then a new form of drug dealer. The amount of ibogaine needed to properly aid an opiate addict with detox would never exceed $500. However, so called "clinics" have sprung up all over mexico, canada, costa rica, panama etc charging anywhere from $5000 to $20000. They all have fancy websites that promise a miracle cure while the patient is housed in comfort surround by a professional medical staff.

Me and my boyfriend have been to 4 of these so called ibogaine clinics so far in an attempt to uncover the truth. And so far the truth is that their marketing consists of mostly lies. We are presently visiting others and will soon be releasing detailed information about our findings of each clinic. All so far have been operated by one or two individuals who have no medical experience. They are individuals who have tried ibogaine themselves and seen the opportunity to get rich by selling it to addicts.

And they get away with charging as much as a medically supervised rehab would by up selling their services and facilities on these websites full of misinformation and false promises. None of the 4 we visited so far have a professional medical staff. Its a joke. And the worst so far was Lex Kogan's in Costa Rica. Everything he told me prior to me arriving was a lie or an extreme exaggeration. His so called doctor was never present and his staff of "nurses" were extremely incompetent. His clinic consisted of two residential houses next door to each other.

And while i was there for 10 days, staying in a makeshift room which was really just a hallway, i watched as about 12 addicts came and went, each spending close to $10,000. And none of them left "cured", even tho some believed it for a time. Reality is that Lex Kogan and his associate Eric Taub (FYI these are made up names) make a fortune dosing addicts with ibogaine for a few days and then send them back to their addictions. They are not truly trying to cure addiction. Even though they convince themselves and everyone otherwise, they are in it for the money plain and simple.

If they truly were trying to cure addiction then their fee would go much further than just dosing the addicts for a few days. There would be a true medical staff and facility. And most importantly there would be a general program with aftercare. I have chosen to list Lex Kogan and his partner in crime Eric Taub, well before our report and analysis of all the ibogaine clinics operating today, because so far they have proven to be the most unsavory in the business. And thats quite an achievement in an underground business flush with conmen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 10:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lex-Kogan/Atenas-Select-StateProvince-/Lex-Kogan-Eric-Taub-Liars-and-thieves-who-pray-on-individuals-who-are-truly-ill-and-desper-1045135. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lex Kogan

Allegations Not True

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

I have known Eric for about 15 years. During that time he has ALWAYS presented himself with total integrity. He has  treated many people, including me, very successfully. It is well known that Ibogaine offers a unique window of opportunity to addicts, as it can stop all craving for their drug of choice with little or no withdrawal, but is not a mgic bullet. An addict MUST address deeper issues and want to stop on all levels. Eric has always charged much less money than other clinics of which I am aware. I sense that this "report" may have been filed by a jealous competitor, since it presents a totally distorted picture.

MY experience with Lex Kogan

AUTHOR: Ottawa Canada - ()

well  for my part at least,   i can say that ibogaine has saved me from my opiate addiction and all thanks to  Lex  who  had the staff  to make sure  everything went well..  the ibogaine  had caused my heart to slow  down  considerably,  but  the doctor and nurses  had me stabilised in minutes using  various  monitoring and  respiratory equipment..   the treatment  in its self  wasnt the easyest thing to deal with, both on a physical and psychological level..  however it beat by far  doing any kind of Methadone or  suboxone treatment..  as ive never really felt  this good since  before i started using...  im  about 1 month after my treatment now  and  have  no "need" to use opiates..   Ibogaine  will allow  one to  understand the underlying cause of theyre  addiction and  will  also offer ''protection''  against withdrawal symptoms wich would normally  occur over a span of weeks if not months after the last intake of any  opiates..  i beleive Lex kogan is  probably one of the most experienced ibogaine dispenser and even maybe  the most fairly priced  as  the treatment only cost  7000$  i say only  because 1 year of methadone prsecription ended up costing me about 8000 and i was still  a slave to opiates..       for any  ibogaine  treatment  one must  send an ECG  OR "electro cardiogramme" in order to make sure  the patients heart will  sustain the ibogaine flood..  however  while  staying  at lexs  facility  there had been a problem with one of the patients not sending in a copy of her ECG  prior to arriving in Costa Rica....  therefore   after learning that this patient had had  heart surgery only  months prior   Lex and the doctor had to abstain from administring the ibogaine Hcl . wich would  most certainly cause anyone in opiate withdrawal to feel aggravated and  disenchanted with the whole ibogaine thing.. however  this whole mess  could have been avoided with a simple  EKG test and a fax machine...       to anyone  considering ibogaine  i say  go for  it...  i did  and  dont regret it one bit..  only  make sure  you have medical staff on site..  for the rest  its  all about  comfort really.. and there was no lack of it  with my own  bathroom and  queen bed      i couldnt   ask  for much more  maybe  only  just  a bit of  attenttion to the set and mood  during the treatment  oh  and  bilingual nurses wouldnt  hurt :)  but  besides  that   props to lex  and  all the  lives  hes saved including my own!
T.

Opposite opinion on this one.

AUTHOR: Nadia Geirsson - ()

All right, wow.

So, I've done two sessions with Lex Kogan and neither of them were remotely similar to this report. In fact, it shocks me to read any of this and I have high doubts if any of it is factual. I'm going to tell about my experience and if anyone wants more info, I'd be happy to talk to them and I also recommend doing more research on more factual sites than something like this. A few things point out to me that this is fake and part of that has to do with the pricing. I guarantee if you call up Lex Kogan and/or Eric Taub right now you won't hear anything close to $10,000.

I met Eric Taub about two and a half years ago. I was a miserable opiate addict for about eight years. I had spent many years on longterm maintenance meds methadone and suboxone. Eric Taub met me in person for tea and really helped me get on the path of doing ibogaine. I switched to a short acting opiate for 90 days and then went to central America to meet Lex Kogan. I couldn't have asked for better care. Lex was attentive, genuine, and more than flexible with my needs. The doctor was competent and present. The nurses were actually overly attentive and I felt mildly annoyed a couple of times that they were too good at their jobs. I left Lex Kogan's place not only off of opiates, but off of nicotine, as well.

So I stayed clean and anytime I needed anything or had any questions, Eric Taub and Lex were right there and more than willing to talk. Lex's name is real. Eric Taub openly uses a pseudonym and will give you his real name without hesitation.

Several months ago I decided to do ibogaine again, this time for psychotherapeutic purposes, and Lex was more than happy to have me. I have to disagree again with this poster. I felt medically safe, while feeling at home at the same time. I had a nice bedroom with a view and my own bathroom. I didn't pay anywhere close to $10,000. The center was full while I was there and everyone was happy, safe, and accommodated for.

I stayed clean because I wanted to stay clean. It wasn't easy by any means. I couldn't have done it without the ibogaine, but the ibogaine experience, while profound, was abrasive and brutal. So that I can see being difficult if you aren't really ready to do the work.

I would recommend any friend or family to Lex and Eric. Their medical knowledge is outstanding and impressive and I feel the same about their character. I urge anyone who has had experiences similar to mine to share as I wouldn't be here clean and sober without them and I find it highly disturbing that someone has spent the time fabricating such a story about two really good people.