Complaint Review: Lexmark International, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, August 17, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, August 17, 2010

• Reported By: Writetoknow — Florida U.S.A.
Lexmark International, Inc.
unknown Buenos aires, Select State/Province United States of America

Lexmark International, Inc. tech support dept/customer service tech asked for remote access to my computer so he could download updates to solve printer problems. Buenos aires, Other

I purchased a Lexmark pro205 4 months ago and have had nothing but problems with it. From the readout saying Printhead error to low ink, to no ink even after replacing with new cartridges.  I clicked on the order ink and then contact customer service, followed the prompts and got nowhere. I then called the 800# and spent almost 2 hours dealing with tech support or non support I prefer to call it. He said he needed to have remote access to my computer in order to help me. He had to download the updates to my software from his location. I reluctantly agreed but did so that I could get on with my printing. He put icons on my computer which he never told me until after he did it and asked that I disable my virus protection. I disagreed and said I don't feel comfortable continuuing with his service. After all of that My problem was not resolved. He told me he had to go to a higher dept. for escallated problems and would call me back on Monday. He called me Mon afternoon and said I can return the ink cartridges to him and he would send me new ones. I thought this odd, shouldn't I just take them back to the store where I bought them? I am now waiting to hear back in hopes of returning this inferior product/s.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lexmark-International-Inc/Buenos-aires-Select-StateProvince-/Lexmark-International-Inc-tech-support-deptcustomer-service-tech-asked-for-remote-acces-632407. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lexmark International, Inc.