- Report: #853723
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Co
liberty Mutual Fire Insurance CoPO Box 7214 London, Kentucky United States of America
liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Co delay tactics meant to enlarge their bottom line by not paying out or settling claims London, Kentucky
*Consumer Comment: Should've gotten a lawyer
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) theater mgr. assures that all medical bills will be paid by their carrier, "Go to the ER and be treated"
2) Hospital sends bills to theater, which mysteriously disapear.
3) After 6 calls to Liberty, a claim # is assigned and Medical bills & photos of injuries are e-mailed to adjuster, as they requested.
4) One month later the adjuster is still "on vacation" and no one else can open his e-mail or help with case.
5) Meanwhile medical bills top out at $8,000 and Liberty staffer (not the missing adjuster) informs us they will not pay interest on these bills.
6) new claims manager assigned, "I'm looking in to it" goes on for 4 weeks.
7) After 6 weeks, informs us "Looking into who owns the property the theater is built on, the owners of that property may be liable, and their lease agreement needs to be looked at.
8) After our own research, which took 5 minutes, not 3 more weeks, turns out the Regal Cinema does own the property it sets on.
9) Yes, its only been 3 months since the fall, but after numerous unreturned phone calls, faxing of the same documents over and over, this claim is not further than the day the fall occured.
10) These tactics are used to discourage us long enough until time runs out to hire an attorney or to wear us down.
11) We are not looking for a big "payday" just to have the medical bills paid and a small sum for pain & suffering, not even asking for time off work.
Theater admits negligence and had their walkway repaired soon after the fall. Why can't companies and their employees do the right thing? I guess they only know how to respond to an attorney that will ask for a small fortune and drag this thing out!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2012 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/liberty-Mutual-Fire-Insurance-Co/London-Kentucky-40742/liberty-Mutual-Fire-Insurance-Co-delay-tactics-meant-to-enlarge-their-bottom-line-by-not-853723. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.