Complaint Review: Liberty Automotive / JS Engine Specialist

• Submitted: Mon, June 11, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, June 11, 2001

• Reported By:CHINO HILLS CA
Liberty Automotive / JS Engine Specialist
4081 Holt Blvd Montclair, Calif U.S.A.

LIBERTY AUTOMOTIVE IS NOW JS ENGINE SPECIALIST BIGGEST RIP-OFF IN CALIF

LIBERTY Automotive in Montclair picked up my car on 8/8/00 gave me a written estimate of $1,195.00 to rebuild my engin. $300.00 more if I didnot have a rebuildable core. A few days later Gus called from Liberty and said it would be $2,400.00 instead of $1,195.00. I asked why, and he said, $945.00 for a core, $1,195.00 to rebuild it, and $250.00 for a new clutch. Mine was shot he said. I told him you said $300.00 if it needed a new core not $945.00. I also asked why do I need a new clutch when my car is a automatic and I don't have a clutch? Gus said, what color is your 240sx? I said red. He said, I have the wrong paper work, I'll call you back. Which he did. and said it was still 2,400.00. I said if nothing else the price should go down $250.00 since I don't have a clutch. Gus said I told you the price, after 5:00 p.m. I start charging you storage for your car. I told him I don't have that much money, put my car back together and I will have it picked up. Gus said, I'm not touching your car unless you pay me $2,400.00. I said you have to put it back together because no shop will touch it torn down. He said, you heard what I said. I said fine, put all the parts inside the car and I will have a tow truck there within the hour to pick my car up. Gus said fine, just be sure the driver has $1,195.00 or he isn't getting your car. I said I'm not paying you that kind of money to get my car back in peices. Gus than said, "LADY, YOU'LL PAY ME $2,400.00 TO FIX YOUR CAR, $1,195.00 TO GET IT BACK UNFIXED IN PEICES, OR I WILL SLAP A MACHANIC'S LEIN ON YOUR CAR AND I WILL OWN YOUR CAR IN 20 DAYS. Than he hung up.

I ended up paying over $3,000.00, they had my car for over 6 months, my entire stereo system was stole out of my car, and as I write this I still have not had a running car. I have to have a new motor put in because the core they put in is bored over 50. Instead of using new gaskets they used the old ones and silicon. There was so much silicon in my engine that it plugged everything up. There was no oil getting to the top of the engine. and the car had no oil pressure. What Liberty did to get enough pressure for me to pick my car up was, they put the two end rocker arms on backwards. Which caused the rocker arm to weld it's self to the bar and freeze. You would not beleive what the Nissan dealer told me that Liberty did to my car. Over 50% of the bolts were missing off my motor, they used a carraige bolt off a chain link fence to put the dip stick filler tube on. There is a peice broked off the powersteering unit, which is why the fluid pours out as fast as you put it in. They said Liberty must have lost the threaded pressure hoses that were on it and put plain rubber hoses on that would have blown off the second the car was started. The reason they didn't was that the fluid poured out before it went into the hoses. They lost the cover that goes on the bottom of the transmission, if I would have driven over a plastic trash bag it could have been sucked right up into my transmission. I have a 5 yr unlimited mile warranty on the motor.

Bottom line LIBERTY AUTOMOTIVE WHO IS NOW OPERATING UNDER THE NAME JS ENGINE SPECIALIST ON HOLT BLVD IN MONTCLAIR ARE A RIP OFF. They change the name and ownership to another family member every 8 months. By doing this they get out of paying all the money to people who have taken them to court and won. What they are doing should be against the law. I find out afterwards that Gus is really Amer Falkihor or something like that. He was the owner the whole time.

BEWARE THEY ADVERTISE IN THE RECYCLER NEWSPAPER AND A FEW OTHERS. REMEMBER THEY USE THE NEW NAME JS ENGINE SPECIALIST.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Automotive-JS-Engine-Specialist/Montclair-Calif-91763/LIBERTY-AUTOMOTIVE-IS-NOW-JS-ENGINE-SPECIALIST-BIGGEST-RIP-OFF-IN-CALIF-5393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Automotive / JS Engine Specialist