Susan

• Reported By: Terri McG — Robinson Texas
Liberty Loan USA
124 Mountain Blvd. Oakland, California USA

Liberty Loan USA, Mac Sanders, Roger Anderson Loan Scams Oakland California

I applied for a loan online.  I was contacted by a hundred (at least) different companies, all saying basically the same thing.... because my credit score wasn't so great, I had to put up some type of proof that I would be able to repay my loan.  With this particular company, I was told to go and purchase a Vanilla Reloadable Network Pack for the amount of my first payment.  I was reluctant, so I wanted their offer spelled out and in writing.  They provided it.  So, I went and purchased the card.  I was told that my money would be transferred to my bank account within 30 minutes.... oh, but wait!  There's a problem.  My bank wasn't in their affiliated network, so they would have to send the funds to me by Western Union.  I said, "OK, go ahead."  THEN, I was informed that I had to pay for the fees to transfer the funds.  At this point, I said, "NO WAY!"  Cancel my loan and give me my money back. [continued below]....

.....  I was told that that couldn't be accomplished as repayment was already rolled into my loan.  The next day, I argued with Mac Sanders for over 1/2 an hour only to have him hang up on me.

So, I contacted Vanilla's company Incomm and reported it, the local police department, and filed online complaints to the BBB, FTC, California Attorney General, Texas Attorney General, and the US Attorney General.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 12:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Loan-USA/Oakland-California-94619/Liberty-Loan-USA-Mac-Sanders-Roger-Anderson-Loan-Scams-Oakland-California-1146835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Loan USA