Complaint Review: Liberty Mutual Workers Compensation

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 17, 2009

• Reported By:Mt.Clare West Virginia
Liberty Mutual Workers Compensation
11611 N. Meridian Street Carmel, Indiana U.S.A.

Liberty Mutual Workers Compensation Making up rules as they go Carmel Indiana

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Liberty Mutual's only interest is the mighty dollar

*Consumer Comment: Liberty Mutual practices

I am a CNA who was injured at work. First of all I leave messages for my claims worker to call me but she NEVER returns my calls. At first she did! When I began asking questions about my claim, she didn't seem to want to answer them!! I made $9.76/hr, 40hrs a week!! Now on workers comp. this company only paid me $108 per week, causing me to have to accept a modified duty position to go back to work before i was ready!! It seems like the company is just for the employer and doesnt care if you make it or not!!!

I am just interested in knowing how this company determines how much your payments are on workers Comp!!!!!!

Some help please on this subject!!!

Mshaw
Mt.Clare, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 06:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Mutual-Workers-Compensation/Carmel-Indiana-46032/Liberty-Mutual-Workers-Compensation-Making-up-rules-as-they-go-Carmel-Indiana-400187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Mutual Workers Compensation

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Exlibertyemployee - (U.S.A.)

As an ex-employee of Liberty Mutual, I can assure you that the only thing that Liberty Mutual is interested in is the mighty dollar. They treat their employees like crap and nepotism is rampart within the company. So, it comes as no surprised that their clients are also treated like crap. When I had an argument with my manager about putting clients first, I was told that I should be looking out for the best interest of the company, afterall, it was Liberty Mutual who was paying my salary. Liberty Mutual's slogan should be, "our policy? Not our responsibility!"

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Hello,

I have been fighting Liberty Mutual for 3 years. First off get a workers comp lawyer. They work on a contingency basis and are slow, but the workers comp laws in Indiana are geared to the employer not the employee. Don't make the mistake I did and figure they will help you eventually, they won't.
I was injured on the job in 2006. Liberty Mutual sent me to indy ortho, who basically works for the company. The doctor could not or would not diagnose me properly, I asked my claims worker for a second opinion 3 times and was refused. I got one on my own and that doctor diagnosed me immedietely and treated me but also told me I needed continuing treatment or my condition would worsen. I went back to indy ortho doc who released me. I filed an appeal on my own with the workers comp board of Indiana who sent me to an independent evaluation. That doctor also agreed with my second opinion. Liberty Mutual then sent me back to the indy ortho doctor who released me again on the spot and due to Indiana law you cannot appeal to the board a second time. That is when I finally got a lawyer and due to not being treated just had surgery for an injury that would most likely have healed on its own with conservitive treatment.
Also if you are off on temporary disability, indiana law states you receive 66 percent of your average income. Look on ingov.org to research indiana workers comp laws.