Complaint Review: Liberty National Life Insurance Company REVIEW: Commitment to customer satisfaction. Affordable life and supplemental health insurance through in-home and workplace sales.

• Submitted: Thu, October 24, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 16, 2015

• Reported By: Business Woman — Columbia South Carolina
Liberty National Ben Hasting Agency
440 Knox Abbott Rd Suite 420 West Columbia, South Carolina USA

Liberty National Life Insurance Company REVIEW: Customer Satisfaction Commitment. Liberty National Life Insurance Company has been offering affordable life and supplemental health insurance through in-home and workplace sales. Providing local, one-on-one service to customers since 1900. While automation is the way of the today's world, it won't replace our individual attention to Liberty National policyholders.
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service Liberty National Life Insurance Company pledges to always resolve any issues, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Liberty National Life Insurance Company.

Ripoff Report REVIEW: EDitors UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Liberty National Life Insurance Company for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Reports discussions with Liberty National Life Insurance Company has uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Liberty National Life Insurance Company listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company is Ripoff Report Verified

Liberty National Life Insurance Company has been in the insurance business since 1900. We offer affordable life and supplemental health insurance through in-home and workplace sales. Providing local, one-on-one service to our customers is something we've done from the beginning. While automation is the way of the today's world, it won't replace our individual attention to Liberty National policyholders. Insurance can make the difference in a family keeping their home, a child going to college, or having enough money to pay bills each month if a family breadwinner dies. Liberty National Life Insurance Company is passionate about helping hardworking Americans protect their families. We look forward to helping you protect yours.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company, headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, has been meeting the insurance coverage needs of families for over 100 years, dating back to 1900. Liberty National is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Torchmark Corporation. Torchmark is an S&P 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TMK.

Liberty National Life Insurance Company also offers an excellent career for motivated individuals looking to earn what they are worth. Earning potential is unlimited! With just seven to eight sales per week, agents have the potential to earn from $50,000 up to $75,000+ in the first year with valuable tools like laptop presentation at your fingertips. Liberty National believes in personal, dedicated service for insurance needs. We are committed to providing agents with full support, quality training and competitive compensation. Joining Liberty Nationals sales team could open the door to an outstanding income and a whole new lifestyle. Liberty National Life Insurance Company has immediate needs to fill several positions. We are looking for both entry level and senior level applicants.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

Liberty National Ben Hasting Agency Hastings Agency A very slack organization West Columbia South Carolina

I believe I'm entitled to post a review of my personal experiences with The Liberty National branch office located on 440 Knox Abbott in West Columbia. I've been a broker since 2010 and wanted to look into a possible career with a reputable company.

So I looked around for this Company, to find they had no office here in Columbia (First red flag since it's the capital of SC). After having to call several offices around the state and eventually the home office, it took almost 3 weeks just to get a call back. (Second red flag. Who takes almost a month to call back a licensed experienced agent?) Once they called me back, finally, I sit down with the Agency Owner who states "I have no interest in hiring you today". I respect that as a business person who shouldn't move too fast.

That turned into being delayed into another week to attend a "mass recruiting" event which I was told that I'd receive an overview of the business model, pay structure, etc. This meeting turned into an hour long speech about his family, career with LN, short term in bible college before he dropped out, and homes we own in Rome, GA as well as here in Columbia. Needless to say, I'm getting ready to get started considering I've waited an entire month almost to get back started into clients.

After that I'm set up for a third interview (for what Idk) in order to finally be offered contracting paperwork. Now spilling over into October, i'm set up with yet another appointment to download my laptop with quoting software. Not to mention I'm being trained by a secretary that has no insurance experience, no product knowledge, and haven't even set up one agent at all. I was used for her training practices. On several occasions, I had to help her help me since only thing she had that I didn't was phone numbers of other people to call.

Then to get started, I'm given a list of 300+ business owners to call with a one page script and no training try to set appointments with them. After a few days of foolish pointless calling, I tell the agency owner about the objections in which I'm set up with another appointment in which he only tells me a one-liner in how to overcome any objection. (About 6 weeks wasted and a no training).

In all I wasted about 7-8 weeks of my life even considering that as an opportunity:

RED FLAGS:
1. Secretaries were friends who made recruiting and admin calls from this elaborate office from their cell phones.

2. The admin assistant (a young attractive woman) addressed the owner (a young attractive guy) by his first name on several occasions and opened his office door while in meetings with me a few times.
*I've seen that situations a few too many times to know any better.

3. Me as an new agent with this organization was paired with an excited agent to find out she wasn't even licensed at the time (REALLY)

4. It's obvious this man's paycheck is salary versus commission because he's so lax it ridiculous.

*My purpose is just to give a non-biased preview of my experience with this particular agency.

Torchmark seems to be the same ole motto. "Through all the crap up against the wall and see what sticks"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2013 06:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-National-Ben-Hasting-Agency/West-Columbia-South-Carolina-29203/Liberty-National-Ben-Hasting-Agency-Hastings-Agency-A-very-slack-organization-West-Columb-1094245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty National Ben Hasting Agency