Complaint Review: liberty tax service

• Updated: Sat, September 08, 2012

• Reported By: marian — ypsilanti Michigan United States of America
liberty tax service
michigan ave ypsilanti, Michigan United States of America

liberty tax service in feb. of 2011 they filed my taxes. got my fed. in less than 2 weeks. still have noe received my MI taxes. they have a money back guarenty but they refuse to give me my money back. say they already ypsilanti, Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Ask for a Refund

in feb of 2011 i had my taxes done by these people. i received my fed. in less than 2 weeks. i still have not received my MI state. and they refuse to return my money. they claim they already did.  out of $280.00 they have given my back $70.00. i talked to the manager the day before yesterday. and told her i was going to take them to court. she just giggled and said ok.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2012 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/liberty-tax-service/ypsilanti-Michigan-48198/liberty-tax-service-in-feb-of-2011-they-filed-my-taxes-got-my-fed-in-less-than-2-weeks-828964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on liberty tax service

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Ask for a Refund

AUTHOR: Mike Hawk - (United States of America)

Greetings. I am sorry to hear that you feel that you had a bad experience using a Liberty Tax Service office.

You have a easy solution, ask for the owner and then ask for a refund.

One of the documents you should have been given is a copy of the Liberty Guarantees. These are what makes Liberty so much better than the competition. One of the guarantees is that if you are not satisfied for any reason, you will get a full refund. Here is the guarantee copied from the Liberty Tax Service web site:

Satisfaction Guarantee Our offices guarantee every tax return service 100%. If you are not satisfied for any reason, the
office will refund your preparation fees.

Recommend you ask for a refund of the entire amount or maybe the amount in excess of what you feel would have been fair.  If after visiting the store you are still not satisfied then call the Corporate Headquarters at (800) 790-3863 and file a compliant, they will act very quickly, but try the local office first.  I am sure this will resolve your issue. You can also email them at customercare@libtax.com.

I wish you the best of luck and come back to Liberty next year.

Improve each day!