Complaint Review: Liberty Tax; Tax preparer Nicolas Sebastian

• Submitted: Sun, February 09, 2014
  • Updated: Sun, February 09, 2014

• Reported By: Scammed by Liberty Tax on 135 East New Circle Road in Lexington,KY — Lexington Kentucky
Liberty Tax; Tax preparer Nicolas Sebastian
135 East New Circle Road Lexington , Kentucky USA

Liberty Tax; Tax preparer Nicolas Sebastian "Send a Friend to Liberty and get $50" That's their slogan"$50 on the spot" Lexington Kentucky

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Nick Sebastian

So yesterday, February 08,2014 I was referred by a friend to go to Liberty Tax on 135 East New Circle Road Lexington, KY 40505 to have my taxes prepared. They were offering "$50.00 on the spot" to anyone who came in to have the taxes prepared. Needless to say, my particular preparer Nicolas Sebastian was not and is not a certified CPA or had any kind of license or proper training to prepare taxes. Not only did he talk in circles, as if I wouldn't catch on(" I'm going to give you the "$50.00 dollars on the spot to make everyone happy", "you can come in on Tuesday and pick up your $50.00 dollars", "we will give you a check for $50.00 dollars that you can take to Walmart and cash for $3.00 dollars, " I'm going to take $50.00 off your tax preparation fees and give you a $50.00 dollar check when the IRS accepts your application ". That was four lies told at the same time.

Needless to say, I did not receive my "$50. [continued below]....

.....00 on the spot, nor did my friend receive his referral bonus. After questioning Nicolas Sebastian about the $50.00 on the spot, that he BLATANTLY lied about, I left the office after all was done(taxes were filed) . After leaving the office, I checked my folder containing my paper work, noticing he had not.returned my copies of either of.my w-2's Luckily I hadn't left the parking lot. I walked back into the office and asked for a copy of the $50.00 dollar check(yes, it is really printed on a piece of white paper, that he refused to let me sign for) as well as my w-2 forms that he does not need to keep. As I walked in, I noticed all of my paper work which has personal and confidential information on it was left sitting out on his desk, I asked him(politely) "when are you going to put my information away"? He says "right now". I said " do you mind if I watch, because I am particular about my information, because it has been stolen before ". He said "sure ". I asked for the owner of liberty taxes contact information as well so I could call and complain about his employees and their blunt lies and lack of professionalism. I am going back after work tomorrow to speak to him(Ken Kringe) . He said he'd be there 9am-9pm and that I could come back and he'd give me my $50.00 dollars! Let's see if he keeps HIS word ..unlike Nicolas did! Folks, please always be aware of scam artists! They exist in every business! And If you can catch them in a lie, like my friend and I did Nicolas, make note of it and take a stand!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2014 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Tax-Tax-preparer-Nicolas-Sebastian-/Lexington-Kentucky-40505/Liberty-Tax-Tax-preparer-Nicolas-Sebastian-Send-a-Friend-to-Liberty-and-get-50-That-1122272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Tax; Tax preparer Nicolas Sebastian

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Nick Sebastian

AUTHOR: krkringcpa - ()

My name is Kenneth, and I have left my last name out due to recommendations from the site. I am licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky as a Certified Public Accountant. My designation in that group requires 60 hours of continuing education every 2 years, many of which are tax credits. I have 40 years experience doing personal tax returns.  I own and operate the Liberty Tax Service located at 135 East New Circle Road in Lexington.

I have had the honor and privilege to employee or supervise Nick Sebastian as a tax preparer for the last 4 years. I know from 1st hand knowledge,  that he has obtained several hours training in how to prepare a tax returns as I have provided some of it and he has many hours training, self directed. I have found Nick to be extremely honest, loyal, dependable, and professional in that 4 year period. If Nick is willing to work next year, he will have a job in my store in Louisville, or in Lexington, his preference. Good employees are hard to find, and Nick, is an outstanding employee.

I think there has been some communication problem with this customer. I offered to try to make things right and the customer said there was nothing I could do to make things right. Every business encounters customers that cannot be satisfied, no matter what is done. Sometimes its best that a business and customer part ways, and this might be one of those time. I certainly will not be parting ways with Nick, and again, he is an outstanding employee. The review does not seem to describe the Nick, I know, at all.

It appears that the customer is really hung up on $50, as it was mentioned 10 times in the write up. Maybe there should be more emphasis on quality of tax return preparation?