Complaint Review: Liberty Trading

• Reported By: Dave — Babylon New York
Liberty Trading
425 W. Gallatin St., Vandalia, Illinois 62471 Vandalia, Illinois USA

Liberty Trading Delivery Delays Vandalia Illinois

From April 6th through about April 26th, 2013, I participated in auctions of silver and gold offered by Liberty Trading, using Proxibid. I had read and understood the shipping details, indicating that while rare, shipping times of 4-6 weeks could occur, the stated reason being that they operated with a minimal staff. During the course of the auctions I exchanged e-mails and spoke over the telephone with a representative regarding payment discounts. I found these exchanges to be handled professionally with no reason for any concern.

My concern developed about a week and a half ago, at that point, some 6 or 7 weeks following payment on the first of the auctions. I called Liberty Trading and spoke with Jamie, indicating that I was just calling to check on the status of the shipping. I made mention of the 4 to 6 week shipping time stated in their terms of service, and she responded a bit apologetically that it was taking even longer than they had thought it would take to ship the orders. [continued below]....

..... She told me that they would e-mail me when they do ship.

I fear, as another report has suggested, that Liberty Trading has been holding auctions for coins and bullion which they do not in fact, have in hand. I have noticed that Liberty Trading has not held any auctions on Proxibid for the better part of a month.

I trust that I will be able to follow this up with a good report. At this point however,  it is already 8 weeks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Trading/Vandalia-Illinois-62471/Liberty-Trading-Delivery-Delays-Vandalia-Illinois-1061811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Trading