• Report: #162076

Complaint Review: Liberty Wireless - Helgeson Enterprises - Inphonic - Continental Promotion Group

• Submitted: Tue, October 25, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, July 27, 2008

• Reported By:sacramento California
PO Box 100420 Dept BAG White Bear Lake, Minnesota U.S.A.

Liberty Wireless - Helgeson Enterprises - Inphonic - Continental Promotion Group ripoff will not issue rebate, just customer service runaround White Bear Lake Minnesota

*UPDATE Employee: Processing Time

*Consumer Suggestion: Not sure who's fault it is..

*Author of original report: rebate check received, 180 day waiting period

I purchased a cell phone and service from Liberty Wireless. My service was activated Feb 7, 2005. The agreement was that I would be issued a $50.00 rebate after having 180 days of active service. I checked online and found that my rebate submission had been received and was in process of being issued.

I did not receive anything by Aug 23, 2005, so I sent an email to Liberty Wireless about it. Their response "highly advised that I call the Rebate Center Hotline at 1 866 745 5426."

I did call and was told that there is a 4-6 week rebate processing time following the 180 days of service. I then found this information on the Liberty Wireless advertisements and printed on the rebate mail-in form.

On Sep 23, 2005, after six weeks had passed, I called the Rebate Center Hotline again. the person told me the rebate process time is 6-8 weeks (not 4-6 weeks).

Oct 6, 2005, after eight weeks, I called again. The rebate status wasn't showing processed yet so I was asked to call back on Oct 10th to check on it because "it should update by that time".

I called Oct 13th. This time I was told the process time is 10-12 weeks. This was unacceptable and I asked to speak to a supervisor. They're all busy on other calls (no doubt!) but she told me they don't have an expedite process for this anyway. The supervisor has a 48 hour call back window so I said I'd call again.

I didn't call back but I did send emails to inphonic.rebatestatus.com and to libertywireless.com complaining about the runaround i have been getting. Of course, no response has been made.

I filed a complaint with the better business bureau because inphonicrebatestatus has their online reliability program logo on it. Thats where I got the company name of Helgeson enterprises.

I got a letter from the BBB to advise me that my case was transferrred to the Washington DC bureau because it's closer to the company. Helgeson is listed with Inphonic and my case number on their letter. I also filed a complaint with the CAlifornia Attorney General's office.

There are a number of different address used. I don't remember a Washington DC address. I don't know whose who. I'm beginning to think its all one big rip off company even though liberty wireless alludes to a fulfillment company when referring to rebates.

Liberty Wireless uses 9301 Peppercorn Pl, Largo MD 20774

Since I get a new rebate processing time each time I call, it seems like this is some kind of scam, as though they have no intention of honnoring the rebate. At the very least Liberty Wireless is guilty of false advertising.

Kathleen
Sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2005 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liberty-Wireless-Helgeson-Enterprises-Inphonic-Continental-Promotion-Group/White-Bear-Lake-Minnesota-55110-0420/Liberty-Wireless-Helgeson-Enterprises-Inphonic-Continental-Promotion-Group-ripoff-wi-162076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liberty Wireless - Helgeson Enterprises - Inphonic - Continental Promotion Group

Processing Time

AUTHOR: Rebate Specialist - (U.S.A.)

getting your rebate has nothing to do with the rebate center having funds.
the processing time is directly on the rebate form
if it says 8-10 and someone told you 6-8 I would certainly go by the rebate form anyway.

You say the rebate center has "no intention of honnoring the rebate"
thats 100% wrong, if we have all your information we will send you your rebate.

please advise if you received it?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Not sure who's fault it is..

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

but the rebate company CPG does not process the rebate until they have the funds to do so. It is possible the delay was waiting for the funds.

rebate check received, 180 day waiting period

AUTHOR: Kathleen - (U.S.A.)

I finially received the rebate. It was dated October 21, 2005, Just 11 weeks after the 180 day waiting period. That's seven weeks longer than their advertisements state. This company(s) stinks.