• Report: #1120892

• Updated: Tue, February 04, 2014

• Reported By: John — skokie Illinois
Life Time Fitness, Inc
5300 Old Orchard Rd, Skokie, IL Skokie, Illinois USA

Life Time Fitness, Inc Refusel to stop billing once membership cancelled Skokie Illinois

Do not join because they will never let you cancel. We cancelled our membership years ago. I realized a few months back they were still billing $10 per month. After multiple calls, and then emails (from our email on file) they still refused to stop billing so I cancelled my credit card. Now they are throwing me into bad debt. Last person I spoke with promissed that it would be taken care of. Now I'm getting another past due notice. They say they require either a cetified letter or in person cancellation (so they can fight the cancellation). Every other business has discovered email and the internet (they have my cancellation in writing via the internet multiple times) Business must be really bad. Lifetime is mediocre at best. Joined Equinox in Chicago. Better equipment and trainers are excellent. FYI, I used to run a public company and handled most serious complaints personally. Lifetime Fitness must have a horrible corporate culture with no interest in customer satisfaction. That a national company can still operate like thin in 2014 and get away with it is remarkable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2014 02:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Life-Time-Fitness-Inc/Skokie-Illinois-60076/Life-Time-Fitness-Inc-Refusel-to-stop-billing-once-membership-cancelled-Skokie-Illinois-1120892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Life Time Fitness, Inc