depth

• Updated: Mon, June 02, 2014

• Reported By: StacyV — Irving Texas
Lifetime Fitness
3419 Trinity Mills Rd Dallas, Texas USA

Lifetime Fitness Lost termination paperwork ,again, so continue to charge monthly fees Dallas Texas

Lifetime required a 30 day notice to terminate, which can only be provided in writing, onsite at the fitness center location.   However, they have on-going problems with paperwork being "lost" before it can be processed.   After attempting to change my account via this paperwork process 3 times (each time paperwork was lost or processed incorrectly); I terminated my contract.   I followed the process outlined in the agreement, but this time I requested a copy of the paperwork.  The employee did not want to give me a copy and stated that I would get a copy once the paperwork was processed.   I required a copy before leaving.  Of course, again the paperwork was lost before it was processed, so on-going monthly charges are being deducted from my credit card.   Upon contacting the facility, I was told to bring back my copy of the paperwork if I had it, or come by and complete new paperwork.  Once processed the agreement would terminate (not back to the original paperwork, so no refund would be paid).   Luckily I had contacted my credit card company to notify them that I cancelled authorized payments from Lifetime, as of my final payment.  Lifetime's response was that the high turn over at the front desk was probably the cause of all the lost paperwork.   The business office informed me that she takes daily calls about lost paperwork which cause over charged monthly fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2014 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifetime-Fitness/Dallas-Texas-75287/Lifetime-Fitness-Lost-termination-paperwork-again-so-continue-to-charge-monthly-fees-Da-1151453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifetime Fitness