Complaint Review: Lifeway Homes

• Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: Tom — Tulsa Oklahoma
Lifeway Homes
10607 East Admiral Place Tulsa, Oklahoma USA

Lifeway Homes Mahanaim Homes / same company. Different lot just up the street. East Admiral Pl Tulsa,Ok. 74 Almost a month later and they still wont refund my down payment Tulsa Oklahoma

*Author of original report: was told to pick up a check this Friday

On September 14,2013. I paid $1000.00 down on a refurbished home at Lifeway Homes manufactured community. The home when showed to me was under renovation. I was told that I would have a say in the final touches to the home such as carpet color, types of appliances including a washer and dryer. Normally the owner has this program for people who have challenged credit . I explained to the salesman named Josh that I only had a thousand dollars. He said it would be no problem to work the deal and that he could get it done and stetch the payments to cover the additional $500.00 that is normally required.I called the following Monday to follow up on what I wanted as far as carpet, appliances being electric instead of gas as discussed by Josh and I .I was told he was not in and was sick. I was told Terry at Mahanaim Homes oversaw all renovations in the park in Catoosa.Terry gave a totally different answer of what would be done to the home. He would not honor anything in the original agreement other than trimming the dead limbs ,pest treatment,and repair of a broken fence. He was short with me, rude,and avoided me after the conversation. I was persistent and demanded that he return my calls. It finally ended with him threatening me with jail. And would not allow me back on the property. He emailed me a refund request and told me to fill it out and my money would be refunded promptly. I printed it ,filled it out,and sent it priority mail on the evening of the 18th . I called Lifeway homes and confirmed that they received the form. The sales lady confirmed it was received. I have called numerous times and have been given the run around on when I would receive my $1000.00 It is now October . I even called today and have threatened to file a civil suit. This company has caused me alot of grief. I have filed a complaint with the BBB . I would encourage anyone to steer clear of this business. If there is an attorney or news agency interested in helping me ,please contact me. It's not fair or professional to be done this way by a company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lifeway-Homes/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74116/Lifeway-Homes-Mahanaim-Homes-same-company-Different-lot-just-up-the-street-East-Admir-1090243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lifeway Homes

was told to pick up a check this Friday

AUTHOR: Tom - ()

after making a call to the location in North Dakota, I had a returned call from a manger there who was friends with the owner. He was very nice and said he would get the issue resolved. I got a return call from the manager in Tulsa saying a check would be ready Friday. Fingers are are crossed hoping they will keep their word.