Complaint Review: Lighting & Maintenance Solutions

• Updated: Wed, September 04, 2013

• Reported By: dsmit709 — Troy Michigan
Lighting & Maintenance Solutions
P. O. Box 42440 Towson, Maryland USA

Lighting & Maintenance Solutions "Scam, Fraud, Fake order and invoice" Towson Maryland

They called about an "order" that I supposedly placed so that they could make personal contact hoping that our business office would just pay the invoice. Strange call in which they tried to personalize things with names I imagine they found on the internet. They did not say what the order was specifically so I wondered that maybe, just possibly, someone else ordered some bulbs.

I received 12 CFL light bulbs (this particular size and style item I don't even use here). Packing slip listed them shipping 13 bulbs. No bill or invoice was sent. I checked to make sure no one else order these, and no one had. I asked our clerk to keep an eye out for an invoice from them.

A few weeks later we received the invoice...a bill for almost $600.00 for 13, I mean 12, CFL light bulbs. So expensive because they supposedly offer a 120 month free replacement.

At this point I looked on the internet to find some information on this company...nothing was out there. The phone number back traced to an individual. I this point I told our clerk it was a scam.

We have had several phone conversations with these con artists, but can't get any good information from them. They faxed us a W-9...which was an individual taxpayer form--not a company hahaha. I tried but couldn't get them to give me their FEIN (federal employee identification number). It was "too late" to return these because they only give a 10 day return policy but don't send an invoice until that is past.

Beware--they try to make personal contact and separate the invoice from package so you pay without checking things out carefully.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lighting-Maintenance-Solutions/Towson-Maryland-21284/Lighting-Maintenance-Solutions-Scam-Fraud-Fake-order-and-invoice-Towson-Maryland-1081617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lighting & Maintenance Solutions