Complaint Review: Lil' Tire Store

• Updated: Tue, December 03, 2013

• Reported By: Slippy T — Hattiesburg Mississippi
Lil' Tire Store
1900 Broadway Dr, Hattiesburg, MS 39402 Hattiesburg, Mississippi USA

Lil' Tire Store Lost my spare, ignored my requests for replacement Hattiesburg Mississippi

*Author of original report: Mmmmmm ... donuts!

*General Comment: After 6 months....

Six months after purchasing tires from Lil' Tire Shoppe, I suffered a blowout.  When I went to get the spare out of the trunk, it was nowhere to be seen.  Lil' Tire Shoppe had never placed it back in the trunk.

I spent 4 hours sitting on the side of the highway in the middle of Arkansas waiting for AAA to get me rolling again.  When I asked Lil' Tire Shoppe for my spare or a replacement, they shrugged their shoulders and offered me nothing.  After several years of giving them my business, they pissed my business away over a $25 donut spare.  Smart move, guys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2013 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lil-Tire-Store/Hattiesburg-Mississippi-39402/Lil-Tire-Store-Lost-my-spare-ignored-my-requests-for-replacement-Hattiesburg-Mississipp-1104063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lil' Tire Store

Mmmmmm ... donuts!

AUTHOR: Slippy T - ()

Apparently you missed the part where I said that this was a donut spare.  It's rated for 50 miles of travel, you put it on when you need it and drive straight to the tire store guys, who place the spare back in a compartment under the floorboard of the trunk when they're done.  There the spare remains until the next time you need it.  No, the compartment doesn't make a hollow sound when nothing is in it.  It makes more of a "someone knocking on the particle board floorboard of the trunk" sound.  However, your expert mechanical advice is appreciated.  The next time I need to check my coolant, I'll just knock on the radiator to see if there's any coolant inside.

I am the only person who drives this vehicle.  I coach kids sports., I keep my coaching equipment in the trunk, so I can assure you that I would have remembered pulling out all of my equipment if there had been any occasion where I opened this compartment myself.  I have had similar cars for 30+ years, I typically buy a set of tires every year, and I have never had a store *not* put the spare back where it should be.

You can take me at my word that the Lil' Tire Shoppe failed to put the spare back in my car.  Or not, I don't care.  But let's go with your theory that I am a crazy person hellbent on getting for free a donut spare I could buy for $25 from a junkyard.  The key point is that I am a crazy person who spends money at the Lil' Tire Shoppe, typically several hundred dollars per year.  And the fact that the Lil' Tire Shoppe shrugged its shoulders over the fact that they, in this crazy tire-mongering person's opinion, left me stranded on the side of the road in the middle of Arkansas for 4 hours and cost me another half day searching for a replacement spare at a junkyard, is not only piss-poor customer service, it's also a serious math fail.  Would it not make sense to spend $25 to keep several hundred dollars of annual business?  Amongst us crazy people, we call this "penny-wise, pound foolish" or "cutting of your nose to spite your face."

I used Lil' Tire Shoppe not because they have great prices on tires (they don't), but because of the convenience of the location; the store is maybe 400 yards from my front door.  However, there is another tire store maybe 500 yards away from my office.  At the end of the day, this crazy person would rather walk the extra 200 yards round-trip than leave my car in the hands of someone whose negligence could cost me a day out of my life, and whose customer service is so crappy that they leave me the impression that they just don't care.

#2 General Comment

After 6 months....

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

After 6 months then you go back to them and demand a spare tire. You DO REALIZE WHAT THAT LOOKS LIKE!! It looks like youre some crazy person ATTEMPTING to get a free tire. Why does it appear that way you might ask? Because, ANYONE who has tires changed tends to see if one of those tires can be used as a extra spare. You should have noticed it was missing LONG before that time frame. To them, you are just some crazy person who wishes to blame them for YOUR missing tire. Well let me be the voice of reason here. Check your garage. Check your storage area. It is more likely then not that either you or someone you let use your vehicle MAY have moved it out to make room for something else. To go online and blast them WITH NO PROOF only goes to show that jumping to conclusions is your ONLY exersise.

After 6 months you go back and accuse them with no proof. What did you expect them to do? GIVE you a FREE tire JUST because YOU accused them of theft? Riiiiiiiight. Youre smart enough to figure out how to post but not smart enough to figure THAT out. Come on now, grow up and act like a adult. Im 100% sure that you would have noticed a missing spare tire. Even if it was tucked into one of the storage compartments UNDER the trunk, hitting it with ANYTHING would have made a hollow sound.

Im not saying dont keep trying. Even though after SHOWING you the HOW and WHY they ignored your demands. But take SOME responsability here. And TRY and understand their point of view. I understand how it can be frustrating to have a situation happen. But you are making accusations with no proof other then "they changed your tires". Thats not even circumstantial evidence in a court of Law. All that is, is a FACT. They changed your tires on XX/xx/XX date and xx/XX/XX date you found your tire missing. See the problem? Too much time has passed for your story to be believable.