Complaint Review: Lindstrom Air Conditioning

• Reported By: mark — Lantana Florida
Lindstrom Air Conditioning
3581 W.McNab Rd Pompano Beach, Florida USA

Lindstrom Air Conditioning Price Gouging Pompano Beach Florida

I had lindstrom come out to do a AC check up for $69.95. The tech told me my capacitor was going bad, and told me it needed to be replaced. Unfortunetly for me, I had not read the other ripoff report about the price gouging. He charged $225 to replace it. It wasn't till afterwards that I found out that the part is only about $20.00. I could see a $225.00 bill if he had come out on a service call to fix the ac. But he already had the unit open for the check up and it took ten minutes to fix.

Evenb if he charged $75.00 for an hour's labor, and $45.00 for a 80 - 100% markup, that would come to $120.00. I could understand that, but not $225.00. It appears this is common practice for this company. I guess they have to pay for those numerous tv adds somehow. But if they keep gouging people like this, and people report it, these adds won't do them much good.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 08:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lindstrom-Air-Conditioning/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33069/Lindstrom-Air-Conditioning-Price-Gouging-Pompano-Beach-Florida-1135611. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lindstrom Air Conditioning