Complaint Review: live-technician.com

• Reported By: Brett — Lubbock Texas
live-technician.com
internet, Select State/Province USA

live-technician.com If it sounds too good to be true... internet Las Vegas NV

I found this company via Internet search.  I thought I was talking to the company supports the brand name of my computer.  The person answering made an offer too good to be true (it was): a flat sum (up front)to fix all of my notebook pc problems for the life of the machine, 24-7.  First, it was very difficult to understand the accent.

Second, after the first successful fix, they began bombarding me w/ sales calls, trying to sell additional services. I verified that the premises of their calls were lies (verified by my tech son who told me they could not know what they claimed was wrong).  Third, when I called for the second round, they kept me on the phone for hours, stretching out over two days.  At the end of the second day, I had to leave the phone.  The promise was it would be fixed when I logged on next morning.  A note said they couldn't fix it, to call back.

Third, I was on the phone another long time, still no fix.  It was then that I discovered all of my database was missing.  I asked for a supervisor (the only one who spoke understandable English).  I demanded my money back, or my database restored and they could keep the money.  I gave up.

Fourth, when I took the notebook to a reputable local tech, he had to work hours to clean up all the viruses and damaged programs.

If you contact this company for any reason - or if they contact you - and their offer sounds too good to be true, IT IS!  Don't walk away, RUN!  I should have done my research first, to disover they are a known scam, that they do not work  out of Las Vegas, but Canada, and they have a reputation in the industry.  They were even known by my bank as fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2014 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/live-techniciancom/internet-Select-StateProvince/live-techniciancom-If-it-sounds-too-good-to-be-true-internet-Las-Vegas-NV-1123810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on live-technician.com