Complaint Review: Living Spaces

• Reported By: cheeky monkey — California
Living Spaces
101 Technology Dr Irvine, , California USA

Living Spaces Sofa from Living Spaces La Mirada California

We purchased the McCartney custom sofa from Living Spaces in Irvine, CA. We paid the extra VIP  care extended warranty with it. I called because I am unhappy with the quality of the sofa. They told me they would send out a technician for $99 to look at the sofa and evaluate the problems. I was told by Living Spaces that they would try and fix what I was not happy with under the manufacturers warranty and if they couldn't fix it, they would replace it.  The technician spent almost 2 hours at my house taking pictures and discussing what I was unhappy with. He sewed on one loose button, that he found and cut away a few pieces of stray cotton. He really focused on turning over the cushions and fluffing them up for his report photographs. I was very suspicious of this because he spent more time make the sofa look better. At one point I questioned why he was doing this and he told me, "it's to show in my report that one side it better than the other so they can fix it. [continued below]....

....."

Two days after the technician came to my house, I received a phone call from Living Spaces Warranty Department. They told me that the technician had reported he had sewed on a button and cut away stray cotton and that the sofa was fine. I told them that was not the problem with the sofa and that I would like to have the problems fixed or replace the sofa. They told me they could not help me because this is "the manufacturers standard for this piece". That is their excuse for poor quality furniture. I am truly disgusted with the quality of furniture and the lack of customer service, even if you have the extra warranty, they will not do anything to fix or replace a badly made sofa.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Living-Spaces/Irvine-California-92618/Living-Spaces-Sofa-from-Living-Spaces-La-Mirada-California-1079891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Living Spaces