Complaint Review: livingsocial

• Reported By: sophie — auckland Other
livingsocial
Nationwide USA

livingsocial refuse to refund after THEIR mistake!! Nationwide

Livingsocial is a 'dailydeal' type site.

Have purchased a voucher for dinner for two.

On the night of our dinner we proceeded to present our voucher via smartphone app (This was one of the two ways that voucher will be accepted, printed or smartphone)

Merchant refused to accept voucher as Livingsocial failed to provide 'voucher number' required for redemption. Only redemption code was sent through to my account.  So we had to pay for our dinner again. Grrrr defeats the purpose of this damn voucher!!

I complained to Livingsocial the next day.  They refused my refund.  After days of constant emails they finally responded, apologizing for our experience.  Then offered DEALBUCKS instead of my money?? After PAYING TWICE for dinner, how is dealbucks fair? I have already unsubsribed and refuse to use their site for anything again.  So dealbucks value is nothing more than just words to me.  Have since researched  on company and found hundreds and hundreds of reviews and complaints regarding refunds. Seems like its their policy to NOT give money back for whatever reason. Even if merchant fails to send products, things gets damaged, merchant doesnt honor agreement or In my case LIVINGSOCIAL failed to provide an important detail needed to redeem my voucher.  This voucher became useless.  They admit to this mistake. Yet they cannot refund money?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2014 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/livingsocial/nationwide/livingsocial-refuse-to-refund-after-THEIR-mistake-Nationwide-1142496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on livingsocial