Complaint Review: Lloyd and Company

• Updated: Wed, September 04, 2013

• Reported By: Rob — Elk Grove Village Illinois
Lloyd and Company
1300 Remington Road Schaumburg, Illinois USA

Lloyd and Company Lloyd and associates deceptive job solicitation Firm's pretend they are hiring for jobs to sell their coaching to applicants Schaumburg Illinois

I am looking to make a change in careers and have been applying for numerous jobs posted in the newspaper and on the Internet. Tuesday this week. I got called by the wonderful folks at Lloyd and Company. They told me they were hiring for three positions, one of which was a human resource generalist. They set up an appointment to meet with me at 10:45 Thursday morning. I showed up on time for the meeting. In fact I was about 10 minutes early. There seem to be a lot of people milling about and that got even more crowded is approximately 35 to 40 people showed up in the lobby. I was told the person I was to meet with was running late and could I have a seat for 15 to 20 minutes. During that time I overheard them tell other people similar words. Finally, a little after 11 AM the entire group was ushered into a large meeting room. We were each handed out material about the company, which was unavailable before we got into the group session. [continued below]....

..... They explained that their company was in the business of helping people have been looking for a job for a long time do a better job at presenting themselves to prospective employers, I raised my hand and said I was invited in to apply for the position of human resource generalist. They mentioned that was one of the things they can help with, but that they had no job openings at that time. Approximately 20 of the people who were in this meeting decided to walk out. We explained individually why we were leaving. They called me rude for leaving during their presentation. I personally, and three other individuals accuse them of being scam artist and taking advantage of people without jobs by inviting us into sell their consulting services. They explained to do or not staying. We had to get back all company material. I would've thrown out immediately anyhow. These people are scam artists. These people waste the time of people who are trying to find jobs by lying and misrepresenting who they are and what they do. Avoid them under all their names and avoid their location is they have more names that are on the marketing material.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2013 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lloyd-and-Company/Schaumburg-Illinois-60073/Lloyd-and-Company-Lloyd-and-associates-deceptive-job-solicitation-Firms-pretend-th-1081633. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lloyd and Company