Complaint Review: loan depot

• Updated: Sat, June 23, 2012

• Reported By: robert — friendswood Texas United States of America
loan depot
fuqua st. houston, Texas United States of America

loan depot lied and took more money to get my title back houston, Texas

I went to get a loan at loan depot a few weeks ago and the first thing that happened there is I went in and the lady at the desk refused to do our paperwork because we didn't have a bill on us. Then when I called a week later to find out what I needed to get the loan one of the ladies that answered the phone said I dont need anything just come on in and we can get a loan in a few mins. So while I was in the process of getting my loan for $500 the lady doing the paper work screwed it up and if I didn't catch it I would have been charged an additional $400, for insurance on the car, I always keep full coverage and one of the other ladies had to change it when I brought it to their attention because the first woman acted like everybody has to get additional insurance. Well they were charging me 126% interest on the loan so I decided to pay it off in 30 days, I went in one week and paid 280 and go a receipt saying if paid by 6.26.2012 I owe 410.47. I payed it off on 6.23.2012 and they said the receipt was wrong and I am not going to get my title back unless I pay the 412.03, well I dont care if they made a mistake for 2 dollars or 2000 dollars that is my hard earned money and they made the mistake. So this company is full of lies and will make their money anyway possible be it 2 dollars at a time they are stealing from the customer or 2000 at a time. I will never go to this place again. I dont trust this company with my money to make mistakes anymore and if you are in this area I would suggest going to western finance much better customer service and way better interest rates.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2012 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/loan-depot/houston-Texas-77089/loan-depot-lied-and-took-more-money-to-get-my-title-back-houston-Texas-901808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on loan depot