Complaint Review: loan point usa

• Updated: Fri, August 22, 2014

• Reported By: jerry — huntinton Indiana
loan point usa
Internet USA

loan point usa Richardson Simms Trying to collect on debt again. Columbia SC Internet

*Consumer Comment: you can put a stop to it...File a complaint with CFPB

Seven years ago I had gotten into financial difficulties and took out a few pay day loans over the internet.  When the companies contnued  to take money from my account and overdraft fees started to mount, my bank suggested that we close the account open a new one and deal with them on an individual basis.  To some extent that worked.  I paid them all off through various agencies and kept all correspondance.  I still ocasionally get calls from places trying to collect the debts again and most places give me a fax number to send copies of who I paid to them.  I started getting calls from a firm claiming that I still owed loan point usa even though I paid that one off more then 4 and a half years ago and I have the paid letter from the firm that I paid.  I told the first person who called that I had and accused me of trying to dance around the debt and threatening to take me to court.  I offered to send them the paper work and was told that I can show them in court and then he decided to get nasty so I hung up.  Recieved another call a week later from a woman and I told her the same thing at which point she usecd the same threats and hung up.  I got another call again today.  This time I started out with what sounded like the same woman and then was transfered to the chief investigator.  He explained that it did not matter what I had if I did not pay them it would not hold up in court, but if I was willing to make a counter offer they would consider it, naturally.  I asked for the name and address of their firm he gave it to me when he thought I was going to send them a check.  Then I told him I wanted it so I new who to sue for harrassment.  He said are you going to make an offer and I told him zero, I have no intention of paying it again.  He then sent me the closing department to take it to court, all very official sounding.  This firm and loanpoint are using illegal tactics to collect paid debts.  Richardson simms uses fake phone numbers to make youy believe they are in your area and more likely to take you to court.  I am sure I will get another call from their process server in about week giving mr one nore chance to pay.  Is there anything I can do to stop these agencies that buy old debts and try and collect them even thougn they are paid already?  This getting old.  By the way none of them have ever shown up on a credit report since they were paid.  I know I won't be able to sue because these places dissappear or change names as fast as they come up.  Is there any way to stop this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2014 08:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/loan-point-usa/internet/loan-point-usa-Richardson-Simms-Trying-to-collect-on-debt-again-Columbia-SC-Internet-1171734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on loan point usa

you can put a stop to it...File a complaint with CFPB

AUTHOR: tom - ()

I am not an attorney.  The advice I provide is from my experience.

I read your case with interest.  My suggestion is to start recording phone calls.  Try Amazon they have various ways of recording calls.

I can not tell you whether its legal to record calls in your state.

I would then file a complaint with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (U.S.Government Agency.  You can do this on line.  upload all the paperwork that you have.

recording the calls of them harassing them will help if you hire on a contingency basis a NACA attorney.  Its a 1,000 violation for threatening or cussing or theatening to arrest.  This is what I read.

You can also file a complaint with your state attorney general.  Having the evidence of them threatening you. Would embarass them and the AG office might sue on behalf of the state.

I filed a couple of complaints with the CFPB.  My most recent complaints dealt with a hospital that got paid by the insurance company and tried to collect from me.  That claim is still pending.

I wish you the best of luck on solving your issue.