Complaint Review: loanDepot

• Reported By: Stephanie — Stanton California United States of America
loanDepot
26642 Townes Centre Dr. Internet United States of America

loanDepot BUYER BEWARE Foothill Ranch, Internet

I started in Sept. of last year and started a refinance with LoanDepot after shopping around and 2 other pre approvals I choose to "lock in" with loanDepot! Probably the worst mistake I've ever made. Mountains of paperwork l submitted twice, passed off to 5 different people (which is part of the scam the excuses will vary from sick people, injurys, dropping the ball,etc.) they will assure you and lie no matter how UPFRONT you are about your situation and I have ALL emails to prove they knew EVERY detail that would negatively affect closing. We jumped threw every hurdle and even spent money to "close" our loan on repairs that "FHA requested" to close. My husband and I signed closing papers on Dec. 21st with a notary provided by them and expected funds on 12/31. That morning I called and found out my loan was "not sellable". I was very distraught...this money was to repair my home to make my wheelchair dependent parents a comfortable & livable situation for them. They have offered to reimburse me the repair money/lock fee IF I withdraw my complaints. Doesn't seem fair they can close a deal and walk away, I know if the consumer tried that we would be sued or held accountable for our actions. I have asked for license numbers but they will not provide them to me, I had no thee recourse but to spend more money and hire an attorney! I've tried for 7 days via email to get those license numbers and the employees directed me to there attorney, which is also the VP at least that's what his email said but who knows what to believe with these people! I emailed him directly and to my surprise after numerous emails back and forth he won't give them to me either. This place is one big scam, how they got an A- rating is beyond me after 305 complaints! BBB gives them a lot of points for having so many employees, not sure what this has to do with how fairly they conduct business but I can only hope someone will stop these monsters before they screw up this industry even more!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/loanDepot/internet/loanDepot-BUYER-BEWARE-Foothill-Ranch-Internet-1002296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on loanDepot