Complaint Review: loancare

• Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: fedup — mcminnville Tennessee
loancare
Virginia beach , Virginia USA

loancare Didn't pay my insurance premium and I had no homeowners insurance for a year! Virginia beach Virginia

I got a phone call saying my homeowners insurance had lapsed. I wasn't surprised, because I've been through this each year since I bought my home. I was surprised when I called the insurance company and was told the last payment they received was May 11, 2011. Today is May 1,2013! I was shocked that I hadn't had any insurance for an entire year. I called and they couldn't explain why it was never paid. I had even received a refund a few months back from them and called to make sure everything was taken care of and paid for before I cashed it. They assured me all was hood and the money was mine. Even then they didn't find that they hadn't paid my premium. I brought that up in our conversation and again, they had no explanation. After all this back and forth, I was told I needed to call my insurance company and have it taken care of. They will gladly pay my premium for this year, but I also have to pay them back for my premium last year that was refunded. So I have to pay for insurance I didn't even have for a year so it doesn't show I had a lapse in coverage. Why should I pay for insurance I didn't have? Had my house burned down, I would have been out of luck. I'm sure they wouldn't refund any money or forgive my loan because THEY didn't pay my premium. That's their job. That's what I send them money for. To make sure these things get paid. They are completely incompetent. My insurance has lapsed every time it came up for renewal. And this time they just can't give me any reason but I have to pay double insurance because of their incompetence. They are useless and their customer service is a joke. I plan to fight this mess as well as beginning the process of refinancing just to get shed of them. I don't think I should have to pay for their mistake. Especially when my home was unprotected for a year and I was never once informed until today.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 11:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/loancare/Virginia-beach-Virginia-23450/loancare-Didnt-pay-my-insurance-premium-and-I-had-no-homeowners-insurance-for-a-year-V-1047858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on loancare