Complaint Review: Lobel Financial

PO Box 3000 Anaheim, California United States of America
  • Phone: 7149553333
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Lobel Financial Before my 30 day impound was over they had taken my belongings out and moved my car to an auction! Anaheim, California

My car was impounded and put on a 30-day hold on 11/6/2011. I had received a letter a few days later from the DMV stating that i needed to contact the tow company to make arrangements to retrieve my vehicle. Immediately i called them and thats when i was informed that my lien holder had already picked up the car on the 10th. Didnt even notify me. 2 days later, Lobel finally called me and told me that they had picked up the car from the impound and to get it back,

i had till the 6th of December to pay my past due payment (which was a week late), my November payment (which wasn't even due yet) and the fees that they had to pay to get it out, totaling $1066. I had also received a letter that did not reflect what the conversation had been about when they called me. Saying that they would attempt to sell the car after 11/29/11, which is obviously before the 30 day hold would be over. The same week that they took my car from the impound, i paid my past due amount which made my account current. [continued below]....
.....

On the 1st of December, i paid the remaining amount, and because of this, i couldn't even pay my rent. The next day, my car was moved from the tow yard. I called label and they said that they could only hold it there for so many days so they had to move it to another location. I asked her where it was moved to and she said she didnt have the cross streets, just the number. When she told me it was area code 602, I told her that was great; it got moved from right up the street from me in Mesa to somewhere in phoenix.

And once again, she said she didnt know where it was, just knew the number. (How the hell is someone going to own a car and not know where the hell it was taken to?!) I ended up doing a reverse number look up online and found that it had been moved to an auto auction, AFTER I PAID! The day that I went and picked up my car, I was told that I had to pick up my belongings at the tow yard where it had been prior to there. And that would be another fee. Later that night, I found 2 very important pieces of paper in my car;

the first was a pinkish color door hanger that had a list of things to do to a car with full detail of $75 checked on it. They do not detail a car after its been impounded!! The second was a paper that had been faxed from Lobel to the tow company REQUESTING that they take my car to the auction, and it was dated and faxed on November 21st. My 30 days wasnt even up yet!! I have not received any itemized receipt from the payment I had made to them of $1066 but I sure received my next bill!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2011 01:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lobel-Financial/Anaheim-California-92801/Lobel-Financial-Before-my-30-day-impound-was-over-they-had-taken-my-belongings-out-and-mo-809693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lobel Financial