Complaint Review: Local Boys Home Improvement

• Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: Watergirlusa — Cocoa Beach Florida
Local Boys Home Improvement
6345 Aberfoyle Ave. Cocoa, FL 32927 Cocoa Beach, Florida USA

Local Boys Home Improvement Ronnie Gilvin One Quote then whe he gets here it's all about upping the price. Said he would match Lowes price then wanted more and thought he would get it. Cocoa Florida

I made the mistake of asking a company that was already in our complex here doing work to install a storm door.We spoke on the phone three times and he explained what he was going to do with the furring stripsand he did not like banks so make sure I have CASH.  From the moment they arrived he kept trying to up his price.  Ron the owner of the Company had told me he would install the door for $100.00 on Friday as that is what Lowes quoted me including that it needed to have furstips installed as well.  Today it was a new ballgame.

On the packaging it says very easy to install in fact the gentleman he had with him said Ron I have installed 100's of these doors  no problem... but Ron insisted he wanted more money.  When I called him out on it that he had been here 30 minutes and his conversation the entire time was about Money.  I finally said ok what is it going to take... I ttok the day off work and needed to get it done. He then said I am not going to do it.  He tells me HE is going to be the main contractor in this complex and doesn't need my work.  I have sent a letter to the Board about his actions. They advised when a Contractor insists on Cash that shoudl have been my first clue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Local-Boys-Home-Improvement/Cocoa-Beach-Florida-32931/Local-Boys-Home-Improvement-Ronnie-Gilvin-One-Quote-then-whe-he-gets-here-its-all-about-1095113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Local Boys Home Improvement