Complaint Review: Local Lighthouse

• Updated: Tue, June 28, 2016

• Reported By: kyty23 — West Milford New Jersey
Local Lighthouse
13681 Newport Ave Tustin , California USA

Local Lighthouse Appearance, promises are deceiving. Beware. No guarantees and very diff to cancel. Tustin California

Local Lighthouse initial sales call promoted Google and promised to get us on the first page listing by creating a website using key words.  Sales rep stated that Local Lighthouse would be very involved in promoting our company. He promised that at any time he could be reached and would personally be involved. He also promised that a facebook page would be maintained. I have called "Brandon" many times since and have left messages, but calls are never returned.

Start up costs are $200 per month for six months.  Once signed up, regardless of satisfaction, there are no cancellations until the six months are up.

During the six months, we were never on the first page of Google.  If we used their exact key words and only those words, we might find our page on Bing or Yahoo, but that is only if their wording is used.  A general search will not bring up our company. Regardless, we signed up with the intent of getting on Google, not others. As for facebook, they opened a fb page, but never maintained or promoted it.

The six months have passed, and I've tried to cancel.  They will not take cancellations through email or voicemail.  You must cancel over the phone.  Phone wait times average 45 minutes.  When I finally did contact "Allison," she convinced me to try one more month and promised to add us into a "Deluxe Audit Program" to make a full review and increase visibility.  I foolishly agreed. The month has passed and there have been no changes.  Now the due date has passed, and she does not return phone calls.  Even though I've sent countless emails and voicemails stating that I want to cancel, the account is still active.

To all those believing the promise of getting on the first page of Google, beware.  Don't trust.  Don't believe. It's perhaps the worst investment we have ever made.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 05:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Local-Lighthouse/Tustin-California-92780/Local-Lighthouse-Appearance-promises-are-deceiving-Beware-No-guarantees-and-very-diff-1133381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Local Lighthouse