Louisiana

• Submitted: Wed, February 02, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, February 27, 2011

• Reported By: Tammy — forsyth Georgia United States of America
localnet

localnet took money for startup/firsto but no service Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Resonse

I found Localnet in the phone book. I asked did they have high speed internet and the guy said yes. he told me the prices and then took my checking account information and within an couple minutes gave me to the tech dept to set up. In setting up the tech said go to dial upand i said wait a minute i dont even have a landline i asked for high speed. he looked up my address and said it was not in their system and gave me to a Gabriel to cancel. Gabriel was the rudest person i have ever spoken to and told mei was gonna be charged for first mo and activation and i said i dont have dial up. he said too bad, i have to fax a letter and i still dont get my money back. This was the same phone call. I then called back again and talked to jason and he was rude as well. he put me on hold and said i listened to your call and they told you it was dial up. I said let me hear it and he said too bad, cant do that.I told them there is no way i would have joinedwith dial up as i dont have a landline and he said i still get charged and there is nothing else i can do.I will file with the better business bureau and someone needs to stop them. As i see, they have dont this many times before. They need to be stopped. They are thieves. I will not tolerate someone taking from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2011 08:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/localnet/internet/localnet-took-money-for-startupfirsto-but-no-service-Internet-690118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on localnet

Resonse

AUTHOR: sharky23456 - (United States of America)

This is a misunderstanding. LocalNet is primarily a dial up Internet service provider. LocalNet does provide DSL (highspeed internet) in select locations. However, you even stated in your report that you asked about the DSL service, you never stated you wanted it. Therefore, the Sales Representative signed you up for Dial Up Internet which is what LocalNet is known for.

Secondly, please be assured that all calls are monitored for quality control and no agent would speak in such an unprofessional manner. LocalNet is not a 'thief', clients should specify what service they want before providing their billing information or at least read the Service Agreement.