Complaint Review: Lokey Volkswagon VW

• Updated: Fri, February 21, 2014

• Reported By: nhendricks — clearwater Florida
Lokey Volkswagon VW
27758 Us Highway 19 N, Clearwater Clearwater, Florida USA

Lokey Volkswagon VW Lokey Nissan, Lokey Motor Cars, Lokey Kia Major Service Rip Off!!!! Clearwater Florida

My experience with Lokey was horrible.  Your service manager (Dale) and the mechanic (Brett) was obviously trying to rip me off.  I spoke with Dale several times on the phone before having my car towed in to the service department.  He continuously reassured me that it was just a battery that I needed, that all the signs my car was showing was from a dead battery.  Once there he continued to say it was the battery, don't worry.

After being there an hour, he came back with $6000 worth of repairs.  These were written on a normal estimate sheet with your letterhead.  He said that I had to do at least $5000 worth of repairs in order to even drive the car out of the service department.  He claimed I had a bad battery, alternator, several hoses, brake booster hose, valve cover gaskets, and several other things.  I was shocked and asked him to give me a written estimate that I could show my spouse.  He said that he could not give me the estimate on the paper he had written it up on but he would type in on another page for me.  He did type it on a plane white piece of paper with no date, letter head or signature of any kind.

He then took me into the garage to show me my car which was apart in pieces.  He showed me a thimble shaped part with a hole in it and said it was an important part of my engine and that the car could not run without it.  He said the engine was boring a hole through this important part.  He also told me that oil was leaking from my Turbo cut off valve into the computer brain and would short circuit the whole car if I did not get that fixed.

He introduced me to Brett, the mechanic, and said that I should only talk to him or Brett if I call in to the service department.  I told him I could not afford these repairs.  He said that he would be off work the next day and I should not speak with the other department manager, either wait until he returned of talk with Brett only.  I felt they were both very shady.  I felt they were both trying to take advantage of me being a woman by myself at the dealership.

My father was a mechanic and my brother is a district manager for "Just Breaks"  I spoke with both of them and read the list to them and they told me they believed that Lokey was trying to rip me off and I should tow it out of there and take it to another mechanic.  I did tow it on Monday.

I went over the list with the new mechanic.  My battery was fine.  I did need an alternator.  Nothing else on the list was wrong with my car.  My repairs were $600 instead of $6000.  My car is running fine.

I am posting this experience to every review website that I can find.  I hope I can help other women from getting robbed at your business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lokey-Volkswagon-VW/Clearwater-Florida-33761/Lokey-Volkswagon-VW-Lokey-Nissan-Lokey-Motor-Cars-Lokey-Kia-Major-Service-Rip-Off-C-1125450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lokey Volkswagon VW