Complaint Review: Lone Star R.V.

• Submitted: Wed, November 10, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, November 10, 2010

• Reported By: GM.Chief — Magnolia Texas USA
Lone Star R.V.
14444 NORTH FWY. HOUSTON,TX 77090 Houston, Texas United States of America

Lone Star R.V. Horrible salesman Houston, Texas

We were in the market for a new fifth wheel trailer and stopped in at lonestar rv. It didn't take us long finding what we wanted and instantly fell in love with a particular trailer. Over the next few weeks, we did some research and when we back in several times to look some more and ask some questions, the salesman was completely non-chalant and unhelpful. My mother in-law came with us one of those times and she too felt like the sales rep was completely condescending. We tried to deal with him until he gave us his final offer, which we felt was horribly lacking. We left without a trailer and a price quote far higher than most all of the competition. We continued to look around online until we found another dealer, who happened to be out of state, who gave us a much better deal with free shipping to our door. The sales rep from lonestar called and we informed him we had found one elsewhere for a much better price at which point he became very rude and abusive over the phone, telling us that they would absolutely refuse to service our trailer ever and loudly making profane comments to his co-workers that we could over hear. He informed me that he would be willing to price match our quote, but after his horrible customer service skills, I wouldn't even consider giving them any business.
Word of advice to salesmen everywhere: If you have a customer who is going to be spending $35 - 40,000 in cash and you would like some of it...don't be a jerk.
While I would prefer to have kept my money in the local economy, I will not spend my hard earned cash on someone who is rude to me. Thank goodness I didn't go with them as all of the rest of the reviews I have found since then are about their horrible service department on warranty items.
On the bright side, I will say that their showroom is wonderful...it's indoor and air-conditioned. Go there to look around, but buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2010 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lone-Star-RV/Houston-Texas-/Lone-Star-RV-Horrible-salesman-Houston-Texas-660431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lone Star R.V.