Complaint Review: LONE STAR SELF STORAGE

• Updated: Sun, April 06, 2014

• Reported By: Angela0000 — tupelo Mississippi
LONE STAR SELF STORAGE
tripp @ I-80 Mesquite, Texas USA

LONE STAR SELF STORAGE STORAGE MESQUITE TEXAS, LONE STAR STORAGE Lone Star Self Storage Mesquite Texas

*Consumer Comment: Allow me to simplify your report..it should read like this...

DO NOT USE LONE STAR SELF STORAGE located in Mesquite, Texas.  I'm begging the public to hear my plea for GOODNESS sake do not use them.  These people are criminals and are in the business of keeping everything you store.  This horrible old bar hyde looking woman stays there and she will lure you in by promising you all these discounts.  Then, she will set up some odd day that your rents are due.  If you are late at all with the rent she will put another lock on and never notify you.  We had moved our family of 5 to a new home and temporarily stored our belongs there.  We took up 4 units and needed them for approx. 10 months.  We were staying at a lovely rent home that was furnished.

They auctioned off EVERYTHING WE OWNED.

It has caused so much mental anguish and stress in our lives, we are not sure that we will ever recover.

The look on my wife's face as she watched strangers digging thru our treasures and driving off with them is something I can never get out of my mind.

ON THE DAY OF THE ILLEGAL AUCTION, I SHOWED UP WITH 5,000.00 CASH TO 'BUY' OUR OWN THINGS.

I WAS TOLD TO GET OFF THE PROPERTY AND THE POLICE WERE CALLED.  Of course I was NOT arrested and we are now fighting them in Court to get our things back.  They stoled 14 big items including a chest of drawers that had been in my family for 5 generations.

DO NOT RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE.  PLEASE.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2014 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LONE-STAR-SELF-STORAGE/Mesquite-Texas-75150/LONE-STAR-SELF-STORAGE-STORAGE-MESQUITE-TEXAS-LONE-STAR-STORAGE-Lone-Star-Self-Storage-M-1136717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LONE STAR SELF STORAGE

Allow me to simplify your report..it should read like this...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

We were late on our payment(s) and they exercised their rights under the contract we signed with them and auctioned our goods.  I would bet that's 100% accurate and all your protestations don't mean a thing.

What specific law(s) did they break by auctioning your units?

"we are now fighting them in Court to get our things back."

Would you please post the venue, docket number and court date for this "fight in court" so we can see how it goes for you..what could possibly go wrong?