Complaint Review: Lone Star Wrecker Service

• Reported By: Jason — Austin Texas
Lone Star Wrecker Service
4908 Up River Rd Corpus Christi, Texas USA

Lone Star Wrecker Service Expired Sticker Towing Scam Corpus Christi Texas

*Author of original report: Missing the point

*General Comment: Looking for someone to blame

My truck was towed on 12/9/13 from my apartment complex due to an expired inspection sticker. I never received any kind of warning or notice letter from the apartment complex or lone star wrecker. I contacted the apartment office and they told me they felt bad but Lone Star Wrecker Service was completely in charge of the situation and that Lone Star Wrecker Service mailed out the letters prior to towing the truck. When I went to pick up my truck, at a cost of $188, I asked why I received no warning or notice of this prior to the towing. The gentleman said they sent a certified letter to an address I previously lived at and it was returned to them. The house has new owners and I do not have any contact with them.

I asked why he didn't contact the apartment complex to get a hold of me since they have all my information on file, including the information of the truck that was towed, and he went back to his initial story that he did what he had to do and that it didn't matter if it wasn't sent to my current address. He said all that matters is that we sent a letter and even though it was returned he had proof he sent one. After doing some investigation I have discovered that this is actually the responsibility of the apartment complex because they have all of my recent information on file. So this means Lone Star Wrecker Service has provided something of value to the apartment complex in connection to my truck being towed, which is a clear violation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2013 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lone-Star-Wrecker-Service/Corpus-Christi-Texas-78407/Lone-Star-Wrecker-Service-Expired-Sticker-Towing-Scam-Corpus-Christi-Texas-1106138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lone Star Wrecker Service

Missing the point

AUTHOR: Jason - ()

I totally understand your point of view because I am usually the one taking your stance.  You are correct, the inspection sticker is my responsibility but there are also laws that are put in place to prevent abuse by these companies.  If I had been given the notice, as required by law, I would have gladly removed my vehicle from the premises until the problem was taken care of.  Or if I failed to move the vehicle after receiving the notice I would have no one to blame but myself.  If you go to the store and you come out and your car is missing and you find out it was towed becasue it was not completely within the parking space would you be upset?  I bet you would. And I know you, as the rest of us, have done this at some point in our life.  But if you take your stance it was your fault for not parking straight so deal with it and let these towing companies get away with violating known laws.

#2 General Comment

Looking for someone to blame

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Get over it. Your tag expired. It was YOUR responsability. To blame them for YOU not getting a letter is stupid. Thats just YOU looking for ANYONE else to blame for what is YOUR FAULT!!! YOU are the one that parks there. Its YOUR vehicle. Its YOUR responsability to ensure YOUR parking permit is up to date.

Really now....just accept that YOU madea a mistake and move on from there. Why is it that you must find someone else to blame.