Complaint Review: Longwood Inc

• Updated: Sun, April 22, 2012

• Reported By: Alec — Brighton Ontario Canada
Longwood Inc
internet Internet, Ontario United States of America

Longwood Inc Matt Carter and Heather phoned to say that they could sell my truck that is listed on Kijiji for a fee of $199 if I used my credit card or $100 if I signed up immediately and it was a last chance deal. They said that they h Internet, Ontario

*Consumer Comment: Scam

Matt called and left message that this was his last call and could sell my truck this weekend.  When I called the number, Heather answered and wanted $199 to guarantee selling my truck for asking price.  I questioned using credit card over the phone and 2nd option was to send $100 money order to paperwork that never arrived.  No emails arrived either.  She said that they have been in business for over 12 years and are not a scam.
The phone number that they gave us at first was 1-866-326-9921 but the number that Heather gave me was 1-866-326-0809 that I am to call when I have the money order ready.
Upon checking this out on the internet, I came across this web site linking longwood inc and numerous complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2012 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Longwood-Inc/Internet-Ontario-/Longwood-Inc-Matt-Carter-and-Heather-phoned-to-say-that-they-could-sell-my-truck-that-is-l-872221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Longwood Inc

Scam

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

I once listed a vehicle for sale on eBay and received similar calls from some jackass in Las Vegas.  Same promises: We have a buyer ready to pay even more than your asking price.

If that's the case, why doesn't the caller just buy my car for what I am asking and then sell it to his customer?  Why should I have to pay to list my car on his website if he already has a buyer for my car?