Complaint Review: Lord & Essex Home Builders

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 14, 2007

• Reported By:Crest Hill Illinois
Lord & Essex Home Builders
1135 Mitchell Road Aurora, Illinois U.S.A.

Lord & Essex Home Builders Pile of Dirt: Never installed Landscaping on new house ripoff Aurora Illinois

Complaint Description:
My complaint is regarding a home I purchased from Lord & Essex in March 2006 in the Autumn Ridge Subdivision in Crest Hill, IL. I purchased Unit 1 from Building 11. The purchase price of the home after any upgrades was 180,292. This price was too include the home, any upgrades indicated, driveway and landscaping.

When we closed on the house in March 06 landscaping and driveways were not yet complete, due to weather conditions. It was indicated that these things would be completed as soon as the weather broke. Summer of 06 we received our driveway.

As of August 2007 we have not yet received our landscaping. Lord and Essex cannot be reached and they have not been back to our subdivision. The phone numbers we have for Lord & Essex our disconnected and emails go unanswered. The city has done nothing to help us, and our association refuses to get involved.

I believe Lord and Essex is owned by Chris Smith and John Pop (Popp). There are 8 units involved all together.

Your Desired Resolution:
I am seeking for the business to complete the job they started. I piad for a house with landscaping, I would like to get what I paid for. I request Lord & Essex to grade my property, lay sod, plant the neccesary trees & shrubs, cut down the drainage pipes that are sticking up about 3ft from the ground and all cleanup involved in this project.

Crest Hill, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lord-Essex-Home-Builders/Aurora-Illinois-60505/Lord-Essex-Home-Builders-Pile-of-Dirt-Never-installed-Landscaping-on-new-house-ripoff-A-267363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lord & Essex Home Builders