Complaint Review: Lorenz Service Center

• Reported By: Phil — Dallas Texas
Lorenz Service Center
1462 East Florida Street Springfield, Missouri USA

Lorenz Service Center Terrible Customer Service Springfield Missouri

First, I think the owner's name is Steve? Lorenz.

Second, his shop came highly recommended by a friend of mine.

Third, this friend of mine did warn me ahead of time that the owner has the personality of a "rock" (my words).

I called ahead asked if they could do a tune up and what would it cost.  It sounded good to me.  Drove across town to drop off the vehcile  with my wife in another vehicle.

Arrived at the shop walked in the door and there was Mr. Lorenz in his office sitting at his desk with two of his employees in chairs near him. They were engaged in conversation.  This is a small office.  When I walked in I wasn't more than 4/5 feet away from any of them.  There was no counter - you are just - in the office. Not one of them, and I mean not one of them verbally acknowledged me standing there while they kept on talking to one another.

Yes, they stared at me while they blathered away.  I think I stood there for about 4 minutes before I thought this is stupid, I l look stupid and what is this - a joke.  Finally, Mr. Lorenz speaks to me like I had just kicked him in the gut and placed a lemon in his mouth and says something like "your here with the minivan?"

I honestly thought "wow, you must have a lot of business to treat your customers like C***.  Reluctantly, I left the van and the keys with him.  I jumped into the car with my wife and explained to her why it took so long and I as explained it I became more agitated and within one block of leaving the shop I had my wife turn around and take me back to Lorenz Service Center.

I then went into the office asked for my keys back and told Mr. Lorenz that I did not feel comfortable leaving my vehicle with someone that doesn't seem to care about the customer.  To his employees credit their mouths kind of dropped open, however, Mr. Lorenz was completely and I mean completely unaffected.

His ripoff to me was my time and trust.  I told my friend about it and he said well that sounds like him (Lorenz).

I left and payed $75 more to have a dealer do it - THAT is how frustrated I was.

Simply put he is not likeable and that is a trust issue.  Don't waste my time, be rude and indifferent and expect not to be reported to ripoffreport.

He probably gets away with stuff like this because it has been about 1.5 years ago since this happened and most people (including myself) have to make time to type out the details of bad business encounters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2014 04:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lorenz-Service-Center/Springfield-Missouri-65803/Lorenz-Service-Center-Terrible-Customer-Service-Springfield-Missouri-1112210. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lorenz Service Center