Complaint Review: Lori Sales

• Reported By: BP119 — New York New York
Lori Sales
40th and Madison New York, New York USA

Lori Sales - voiceover work - scam New York New York

I was approached on my lunch break @ 40th and Madison while I was listening to headphones. I was in professional business attire. A  man in his 50s approached me and asked me where the nearest post office was... then interrupted my response and told me that I had a great voice. He tells me he is a casting director for Viacom and asks if he looks familiar -  because he used to be on the Cosby show (did not tell me who he played - and no  - he did not look at all familiar.)

He tells me I have a very animated voice and wants me for kids cartoons - I would be a great monkey! (uhh - what?? ok). So he asks if I have a minute and we sit at a random office builidng stoop and he pulls out a ratty wallet and shows me one dirty copy of his buisness card - "Lori Sales" which looks like he has been using for ten years. He quickly took it back so I did not have a chance to thoroughly read.

Then he takes out a cell phone from 1985 and randomly dials a 212 number and asks me to listen... it was a Viacom automated general line - to "confirm/ put me at ease" that he really worked for Viacom. He also had a bunch of random phone calls as we were walking... to tell me he found a great girl for "a monkey character."

He told me that I would be paid $190/hour on the weekends for for Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network shows. But I would just have to pay $380 upfront to him. I said I didn't feel comfortable doing that. He asks If I would be confortable paying $80. I kept asking questions... he told me that I need to trust him - that he would pay the rest upfront. And that when I was making lots of money on the weekends that I would have to pay him back.

He kept asking what would be the worst that would happen... and not wait long enough for me to answer. A hobo to take my money would be the first thing!!

He walked me to a bank to take out the money. I googled him name as I was in the bank lobby and I saw that this was a huge scam. He came back into the lobby and asked me what was going on - because he "had people calling." I told him I was not comfortable paying him and he left.

Do not pay him anything!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2013 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lori-Sales/New-York-New-York-10016/Lori-Sales-voiceover-work-scam-New-York-New-York-1111656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lori Sales