surrender

• Updated: Thu, February 06, 2014

• Reported By: Loudandclear — Atlanta Georgia
LOUD Security Systems
1690 Roberts Blvd Kennesaw, Georgia USA

LOUD Security Systems Locked into contract, bad customer service, faulty bad equiptment lack of follow up garnish wages Kennesaw Georgia

*General Comment: Contract law

In June of 2009, I purchased a new home in a risky neighborhood and signed up with Loud security.  My house had pre-existing security system but they came out and installed a wireless box in the bedroom and corrected a contact on the back door.

During the first 3 months, the house was broken into 3 times and the security system never called the police.   I filed police reports regarding this matter.   I reported the incident to Loud and they came out one time and corrected the contact the first time.  By the time the 2nd  event occurred,they came out and replaced the battery inside the wireles unit.   This was causing me stress at my job as a supervisor. I had long hours and it was hard to focus at work because of my fear of what was happening to my home and lack of an effective security system.

By the time of the 3rd event, I called Loud to explain that I was dissatisfied with the alarm service and that I wanted to cancel my account.  They explained that I was locked into the account and would have to pay them for 3 years.  I asked to be referred to someone higher up, they refused.  At that point I stopped paying Loud, because they did not provide the security to protect my home and I lost income because their system did not call the authorities to my home.   This was not covered by my insurance as the amounts stolen were under my $1000 deductible.

A couple of months ago I received a request from Loud to garnish my wages. I disputed this and took this to a court ordered mediation 2/04/2014.   Loud explained I had only paid them for 3 months and but somehow kept their monitoring system on until 5/2010.  They wanted me to pay the $36/month for the 9 months, court costs PLUS stay with them 2 more years.  I refused and now am filing a counter claim.  I just want to warn anybody that LOUD has very shady business practices and READ their contract.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 12:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LOUD-Security-Systems/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/LOUD-Security-Systems-Locked-into-contract-bad-customer-service-faulty-bad-equiptment-l-1121467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LOUD Security Systems

#1 General Comment

Contract law

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

I would suggest that you retain a lawyer. COntract law is pretty cut and dried. You DID sign a contract, this means you are LEAGALLY OBLIGATED to either finish the contract out or pay them the penalty for leaving the contract early. You MAY get some assistance if you can prove that THEY failed to live up to their side of the contract. If there was entry into your residence and something was actually stolen, you will need to prove the theft. A police report is a bare bones explanation of what happend. You will need to provide reciepts of the items you lost in order to apply for damages.