Complaint Review: lovemypups.com

• Updated: Sat, January 25, 2014

• Reported By: Stacey — Pine bush New York
lovemypups.com
Elk City, Oklahoma USA

lovemypups.com Tami and James Chopping Sent unhealthy puppy - LIARS Elk City Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: Lovemypups.com

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The complete story

Do not trust Tami or james chopping from lovemypups.com. They are a glorified puppy mill.Put a deposit on a fremch bulldog(Frankie) when he was 10 days old.Tami updated me with pics and videos throughout the remaining 7 week wait. Nanny services and transaction went smooth.

Tami told me Frankie was 6.4lbs while on way to airport to pick him up. When I brought him to the vet, he was only 3.2 lbs and within 5 seconds of the ck up, my vet notified me that he had a grade 3 heart murmur. If you don't know anything about heart murmurs, they are graded 1-6. It is somewhat common for a puppy to have a 1-2 and they are likely to grow out of it. A grade 3 or higher has a potential for concern for health problems for the pup. In disbelief, I took Frankie for a total of 3 opinions hoping someone was wrong and they all said the same thing. One vet even said possible grade 4. All vets did not understand how this was missed and how he was sent with a healthy certificate to fly (puppies should not fly with murmurs due to stress on the heart)

I was devastated. I did not want it to be true as I loved him. I took action and called the vet that Tami took him to. The vet notified me that he told her that Frankie had a grade 3 murmur and it was a congenital issue. Tami knew about this and never told me. She put the little life of the puppy in harms way by flying him to me and then I had to find out for myself he was not healthy.

I was advised to send him back as this could be potentially a heavy financial and emotional burden.  A grade 3 in only a 9 week puppy was not promising. I then had to wait 3 weeks until they could fly the nanny here to pick him up. That was the hardest 3 weeks for me because I was becoming so attached to him and loved him so much and then had to hand him over to a complete stranger. That was by far the hardest thing I ever had to do.

Tami is all about the money. Should be called lovemymoney.com and not lovemypups.com.  From Oct 2013 - beginning of January, she has since had over 30 puppies for sale on her site. They are beautiful pups but don't trust her. Who knows how healthy they are. Do your homework and call the vets that she uses for yourself. She will ship you an unhealthy puppy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2014 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/lovemypupscom/Elk-City-Oklahoma/lovemypupscom-Tami-and-James-Chopping-Sent-unhealthy-puppy-LIARS-Elk-City-Oklahoma-1118371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on lovemypups.com

Lovemypups.com

AUTHOR: Tamara - ()

I read the report on James and Tami Chopping of lovemypups.com. I have had multiple dealings with this couple and all my experiences with them have been honest, warm and friendly. Honestly, I was appalled at the accusations being made about them being a "puppy mill".  Anyone who knows them knows this is the farthest thing from the truth. If they were running a puppy mill then why would they personally invite anyone at anytime to come see where they are being raised.   They put a lot  of heart and soul in their puppies. I recently purchased a puppy from them and Tami went above and beyond making sure she was healthy. She was vet checked and everything is fine with my puppy. I really wanted to get her before I did but she wanted to make sure she was healthy therefore we waited until she was 11 weeks old. I have and will not hesitate to refer my friends and family to James and Tami.  I wanted to write this rebuttal because I feel this is so unfair to say ugly things about this family. It really troubles me that someone could be missing out on a great puppy by reading your mean post. I am sorry that your puppy developed a problem but don't accuse this couple of being dishonest and money hungry. I hope you stop this madness and get on with your life.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The complete story

AUTHOR: Love My Pups - ()

Only a part of the story has been told by her. She received a complete refund including all shipping expenses. Here is the whole story

The buyer paid for the balance for the puppy at the very last moment. She wanted the puppy ASAP right before Christmas.  We had to rush to find a Vet for flight checkup right before Christmas. It was too late to go to our regular Vet he was on holiday. The new Vet was fresh out of college. He examined the puppy and said he heard a slight heart murmur. But in his opinion it was not significant and would likely heal itself. I listened my self and heard nothing, but I’m not a Vet. We made the mistake of shipping the puppy. The Puppy arrived happy and the buyer loved him. She took him for a checkup and the murmur was diagnosed as a level three. She called me devastated and I offered these solutions.

Take a partial refund and keep Frankie for six months and if it did not clear up I would give her a full refund.

OR

Send the puppy back for a refund.

I suggested she sleep on it before making a decision. She called me the next day and wanted to return the puppy. I agreed immediately. She asked if she could have Frankie back if the murmur cleared up. I said of course.  I arrange for a return trip by my Nanny. It was right after Christmas and the weather out East was awful. We did not want the puppy coming back by pet cargo. But rather travel in the plane in a Nanny’s lap. Because of the coming New Year and weather, It took just over two weeks to arrange. I paid over a thousand dollars for the air flight in both directions and gave her a full refund.

The statement about the puppy weighing 6.4 Lbs is a simple communication. He was a small puppy and we were very proud that he was and would not be a big (undesirable) French Bulldog. He weighed 3.6Lb at the Vet checkup. I think she heard 6.3Lb. There was no reason why we want to claim the puppy was bigger than it really was. Either way I don’t believe it is very relevant to this story.

None of this was the buyers fault. I called her minutes after picking Frankie up to let her know he was fine.  All our phone conversations sorting this out were great. I was very suprised to see this report

Look at our web site and all our videos we are not a Puppy Mill. Many customers come and pickup their puppies in person, we encourage it. We are a hobby breeder and have been dog lovers and raising puppies for twenty years. In that time frame there has been the occasional problem. But we have always done the right thing. We did the right thing this time. We understand that it is very easy to fall in love with our puppies. And that when it doesn’t work out it is very distressing. We are responsible and caring and it is unfair to try and soil our reputation and only tell part of the story. We care about our dogs, their puppies and out customers. The world is not perfect, nor are we. But we always try to do the right thing. And that is exactly what we did this time. The reputation of a person is what they do when things go wrong. We should get high marks not an attack on our reputation.