Complaint Review: lowmileageparts

• Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: John — New Orleans Louisiana
Internet USA

lowmileageparts junk Internet

When my truck's rear end went out and I brought it to a service station, I initially had them look locally to find a replacement. But when the search ended without luck, I turned to an online search, and found www.lowmileageparts.com.

They seemed like the best choice, offering free shipping, and refurbished parts with a warranty. I was so wrong.

What I recieved was not a refurbished rear end, but something from a junk yard, cut out and dropped, leaking oil from the seals, grinding bearings, held together by rust. And on top of that, It was the wrong rear end from what I ordered. It would not fit my truck.

I called them back immediately and got a manager who would not reveal his name, and after about an hour of being on hold, I was left with the fact that to return it I would be forced to pay for the return shipping and a restocking fee of 20% of the price.

So I shipped it back after taking photo's of the rear end, for a grand total of $349. The rear end cost $650. Restocking fee would be about $130. So I only get about $170 of my $650 back???

I sent them pictures of the rear end and asked them to waive the restocking fee because I was sent the totally wrong part. They will not return my calls, and when I call, they hang up on me every time.

I am out nearly $500 for a piece of junk when they advertised a refirbished rear end. Not something rusted, oily, grinding, and damaged. And the WRONG ONE.

My advice is to not buy anything from their junkyards.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/lowmileageparts/internet/lowmileageparts-junk-Internet-1146958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on lowmileageparts