• Report: #1172067

Complaint Review: Lsoft Technologies, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, August 25, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, August 25, 2014

• Reported By: RichPatt — Streetsboro Ohio
Lsoft Technologies, Inc.
2550 Argentia Road, Suite 218 Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Lsoft Technologies, Inc. Active@Boot Disk product does not perform an image backup with Windows 8 bitlocker encrypted yet the Lsoft site clearly states that this product works with Windows 8 Mississauga Ontario

Lsoft has clearly not updated their product, Active@Boot Disk to comply the new functionality incorporated with the latest version of Windows, 8.1.  While, it is clear from the promothion on their site that they claim the above product is compatible with Windows 8. This is an old company that I have purchasted products from several years ago, which is one reason I chose to trust their promotional site claims.

Two separate functions of the software were used with Windows 8.1 encrypted with bidlocker. First, the image backup function took ten hours on the latest (fast) USB 3.0 standard on an external drive to attempt to perform an image backup. After ten hours, the product stated that it needed more than one terabyte to back up a 900 Gig boot partition on my computer. That makes not sense. Second, the software function that is supposed to perform work on partitions of a hard drive does not recognize the partition I want to work with.

The software is not up to date, yet they continue to charge $70 for their software, which they did debit from my credit card account.

Three attempts were made to communicate with the company. Once through a descriptive account of my experiences in a text box for technical support within their Web site. Secondly, I made two separate calls to custormer support on two separage days without being able to talk to a representative. I left messages describing the circumstances of my product functionality need and stated that I expected a refund of my money if they could not resolve the problem. I received no call back after sufficient time to allow Lsoft to process the complaint.

$74 US is a real and significant amount of money and I have every right to expect a refund, yet Lsoft is not forthcoming.

I will further follow my claim with consumer rights in Ottowa, which a assume has an interest in maintaining a trust to honor their American retail customers with honest dealings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2014 03:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lsoft-Technologies-Inc/Mississauga-Ontario-L5N-5R1/Lsoft-Technologies-Inc-ActiveBoot-Disk-product-does-not-perform-an-image-backup-with-W-1172067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lsoft Technologies, Inc.