Complaint Review: LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing

• Submitted: Sat, March 01, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, June 21, 2008

• Reported By:Old Town Maine
LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing
www.ltdcommodities.com Northbrook, Illinois U.S.A.

LTD Commodities ABC Distributing Fraudulant, Poor Product Quality, Horrible Customer Service, Illegal Collection Practices Northbrook Illinois

*Consumer Comment: LTD Commodities and ABC Distributing...not a rip off

*UPDATE Employee: Response from LTD Commodities / abc distributing

Wow! Where do I begin? First, same complaint as several others. Products were shipped seperately to increase "shipping & handling" costs. Out of $500 worth of product, half was of very poor quality. After one month a $100 DVD surround sound system quit working. Obviously, the return slip and box had been disposed of.

Repeated calls to customer service left me either on hold forever (the number was NOT a toll free #) or messages left were never returned. Therefore I didn't know where or how to return the products to insure a refund. After a lot of time had passed I decided to slowly start picking away at the items that I had no problems with in hopes that I could eventually get some retribution for the items that I wanted to return.

Next, when signing up for an account they do not inform you that they consider you an authorized agent/signer for your company. After speaking to an attorney I was told this is fraudulent. They simply call to authorize your employment at the location they are shipping to. They do not ask to speak to the owner or partner of the company.

So the straw that broke the camel's back happened in January of this year (2008). LTD sent a bill directly to my employer to the attention of accounts payable manager. They claimed that the amount due was my employer's responsibility. My name is clearly on all of the documentation. I sent several letters, left several phones calls on a voicemail and sent emails prior to this to the 'agent' assigned to my account stating that I was the responsible party and that I wanted ALL communication to be sent to my home address. These requests were ignored.

Now for the big blow. When my employer received this statement he called me into his office and accused me of fraud by trying to acquire credit under the company's name. This was NEVER my intent from the beginning to the end. My name was clearly on all correspondence. Please understand that my honesty and integrity are VERY important to me, so to be accused like this by someone else's irresponsibility is unacceptable.

I was threatened with being fired and the trust and respect that my employer had for me for the last three years of employment was gone. This had to be one of the most horrible experiences of my life. Because my employer was now being threatened I had to pay the full amount without any refund for the items (about $200 worth) that were faulty.

In closing, I am not stopping with this website. I will be going as far as a I can to protect someone from being put in this position. Something illegal is going on here and I'm sure closer investigation from the appropriate authorities will find that.

Bridget
Old Town, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2008 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LTD-Commodities-ABC-Distributing/Northbrook-Illinois-60056/LTD-Commodities-ABC-Distributing-Fraudulant-Poor-Product-Quality-Horrible-Customer-Servi-313632. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LTD Commodities - ABC Distributing

LTD Commodities and ABC Distributing...not a rip off

AUTHOR: Nothappyrippedoff - (U.S.A.)

I agree that LTD Commodities/ ABC Distributing/ Lakeside Collections are slow at getting things purchased out. Yes, it is frustrating because when you see something you want it now, you don't want to wait weeks or even months to get something. But they are upfront about that from the begining.

I have personally dealth with this company on many occasions and have never had a problem yet, other than things not being available at the same time and being charged S&H on individual items that were purchased at the same time.

You have to see that this a company offering you products at a very discounted price vs. buying from a major corporation. So if you say you recieved stuff that was poor quality then you have to remember that you got what you paid for.

I have never had a problem getting someone on the phone when I had a concern about an order or just a question.

And last but not least. I think that it was your fault if you had the company's name listed for your company without your boss's or company's permission to recieve the magazine or products at your place of employment. I have this account and for my business I put my last name and my home address. Like you said they do not call and confirm your employment or anything. And unfortunately because you have the company you work for as the business on your account then they are held responsible.

Just read your complaint and wanted to let future readers that I have had a very different experience then you and they are not all that bad. The billing information that you gave them was all the information they had to go off of.

Response from LTD Commodities / abc distributing

AUTHOR: Leesa - (U.S.A.)

Dear Bridget,

It is the intent of LTD Commodities / abc distributing to provide efficient and friendly customer service and we apologize your concerns were not handled in this manner. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention.

In order to resolve your concerns referenced in the complaint under report number 313632, please contact us with your account information (as well as any other pertinent data) at helpline@ltdcommodities.com so that we can research your account and make necessary corrections.

LTD Commodities / abc distributing

Response from LTD Commodities / abc distributing

AUTHOR: Leesa - (U.S.A.)

LTD Commodities / abc distributing

Response from LTD Commodities / abc distributing

AUTHOR: Leesa - (U.S.A.)