Complaint Review: Lucas Law center

65 Enterprise Suite 450 Aliso Viejo, California USA
  • Phone: 888-670-7370‎
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Lucas Law center Law Center failed to get me a loan modification when home was going to forclose Aliso Viejo California

*Consumer Comment: Notify the CLIENT SECURITY FUND of California

I live in Florida, and Lucas Law center said they can help me save my home around 2008. I waited about a month then they said the bank do not want give me the modification loan for my home I paid them 1500.00 to save my home, and still end up losing it plus my hard earn cash. On top that they lied stating that if they cannot help me they would refund my money , and did not.

Now I am suffering with no help for recover, If I may add it has been years scine this happen in its still hunting me down. Dont trust them to save your home for you find a another way jusy not them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 09:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lucas-Law-center/Aliso-Viejo-California-92656/Lucas-Law-center-Law-Center-failed-to-get-me-a-loan-modification-when-home-was-going-to-f-1135857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lucas Law center

Notify the CLIENT SECURITY FUND of California

AUTHOR: VLB - ()

I too was scammed by the Lucas Law Center. I visited their offices in Aliso, CA in October of 2008 and met with Adam Zucker who was a real smooth talker. I noticed that the entire staff was very casually dressed with no one in business attire. Anyhow, I paid them $3500.00 up front and they did nothing. When Adam Zucker took my money, he advised me to miss two mortgage payments. Several weeks later there was a CNN report on Loan Modification Companies making false promises and that any employee telling a client to purposely miss any mortgage payments was illegal! I notified Adam Zucker and requested a refund. He was very apprehensive about issuing me my refund! Everytime I called him, I was always forwarded to his voice mail. In July 2010, the Federal Trade Commission shut down the Lucas Law Center for deceptive practices and appointed Robb Evans and Associates, a Bonded Fiduciary to take control of the companies assets. I filed complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and the Better Business Bureau against the Lucas Law Center. In 2011, The Federal Trade Commission won their case against The Lucas Law Center for a judgement of 6.1 million dollars. The bad news is that only about one million was recovered. I dont know all of the particulars of the case but I did speak to a representative from the FTC who was assigned to the case. My main concern was if and when the consumers who were scammed into paying up front fees would be getting any of their money back. It is still up in the air if and when any refunds will be issued. I then contacted the California Bar and filed a complaint with the Client Security Fund. I provided them all my receipts which included copies of cancelled checks to the Lucas Law Center and a complete narrative of what had happened to me. I was refunded my money! I urge everyone who was scammed by the Lucas Law Center to contact the Client Security Fund with the California Bar and file a complaint. Paul Jeffrey Lucas has since been disbarred! There is more information on the California Bar website.