Complaint Review: Lucky Cat Tattoo

• Updated: Thu, April 25, 2013

• Reported By: Raven — Las Vegas Nevada
Lucky Cat Tattoo
4305 East Sahara Ave Suite 3 Las vegas, Nevada United States of America

Lucky Cat Tattoo Jerry Thomas IS the worst tattoo artist, always late, doesn't care, very poor artistry and has a drug problem Las vegas, Nevada

It all started when I had a tattoo that was poorly done by a amateur else where. I wasn't happy and decided to look for a professional artist for a cover up.  I went to Lucky Cat Tattoo and seen the owner Jerry Thomas who stated that he could fix the work and make it a great piece. It turned out to be a "piece" of shit. Jerry made the bad tattoo a horrible tattoo.

Jerry didn't have any ideas of how to fix the problem and I had to come up with all the artist concepts. He made the original worse by drawing over it with crooked lines and improper shading. He kept getting up and talking to people hanging out in his shop. He had these ghetto looking thugs just sitting around his shop drinking beers and acting stupid. I even seen a mysterious guy come in his shop and hand him a small bag in which he then turned over some money and cuffed it in his hand to him.

I heard from a mutual customer of his that he was a pill popper and would do tattoo work for oxycodone sometimes. [continued below]....
..... He sometimes appeared to be under the influence when he would work on my tattoo even before another customer told me about his oxy addiction.

I seen Jerry two times for the cover up and it still wasn't complete. I tried going a third time to finish but he never showed up for his appointment time. they open at 11 and he shows up at 3. I finally had it after that no call no show and decided to let a real professional complete my tattoo.

Today I have a full sleeve and it was all completed by four different artists all better than Jerry Thomas. To each his own and everybody has different outcomes and experiences, but I can not recommend this this guy or his shop because they were not reliable to me or other customers that I have spoke to. I don't know how this guy stays in business when he doesn't open his shop up in the afternoon. He tells customers he'll be there and never shows. These weird thugs he lets hang around his shop are very gangsta' looking and appear to be trouble.

Jerry likes to make "fart" sounds as he works. He puckers his lips and whistles out slow fart noises which is freaking strange.  The most odd thing about Jerry is that he likes to brag about his wife being a model as he's inking my skin. She must be a model for Clearasil because I seen her walk in one day and she had an abnormal amount of acne covering her face. She also had lumps and scars all over her head. I felt embarrassed for her. There was just nothing to really substantiate his "wife's a model" claims.

The work that Jerry did do on my tattoo has all faded and disappeared, I have nothing to show except scars, maybe his wife got her rough looking face from Jerry, ( "Jerry's tattoo practice"). Choose your Artists wisely people and good luck!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2013 06:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lucky-Cat-Tattoo/Las-vegas-Nevada-89139/Lucky-Cat-Tattoo-Jerry-Thomas-IS-the-worst-tattoo-artist-always-late-doesnt-care-very-1046281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lucky Cat Tattoo