flight

• Updated: Sat, January 11, 2014

• Reported By: Tom H — San Ramon California
Luminant Skin
Danville, California USA

Luminant Skin free gift scam trapped consumers who filled out survey to get Free gift Danville California

I got a free gift on line coupon after purchasing other electronics stuff on line for the holiday. I picked Luminant skin for free gilf but I have to pay shipping (around $4:59 or $6:49 (?) but the bill came as $93.95. I called in and the rep told me that they charged because I dindn't call in after 15 days of odering (not counting the day i receveived). I asked to return the product because my wife did not like the business model they trapped to customer as a free gilf. The rep told me that I cannot return it even the product has not opened. I told them I like to take to the supervisor or manager to handle the case.

He offerred me half price for this around $60 USD. I refused to pay and ask for full refund. He said call back from 9-6 EST to see manager since I called on the weekend. I called my credit card to dispute the charge. I called back on Monday again, and asked them for refund the full amount. The rep agreed and told me I don't have to send back the product even I don't use it. And I asked them (per my wife's advice) to remove my account since they set up automatic delivery every month.

Called back to my Credit Card office, fortunately, they blocked the charged for these two One in Dec and one in Jan. I agree to pay only shipping fee of $4.95. 2 days later I received another tube of Luminant skin in my mailbox. I just tossed to my closet :( .

People out there, when you see free gift from Luminant skin coupon, just delete it if you don't want to get into trouble with ridiculous charge (just a small tube of skin care cost about $5 USD and charged to your credit card almost $100 USD, not mention that they put you into automatic delivery recurring without email or notify to you at all when they got your credit card number (first time you pay for shipping) .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2014 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luminant-Skin/Danville-California-94506/Luminant-Skin-free-gift-scam-trapped-consumers-who-filled-out-survey-to-get-Free-gift-Danv-1114757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luminant Skin