Complaint Review: Luminant Skin

• Updated: Mon, December 16, 2013

• Reported By: Charlie — cardiff by the sea California
Luminant Skin
1845 Elm Hill Pike Nashville, Tennessee USA

Luminant Skin Ingridientchex, LLC.Global Fulfillment Center, FL Luminant Skin, Free Offer for filling out Questionaire Nashville Tennessee

Much like many others caught by this same deceptive practice, I was offered the choice of three separate products (which I don't believe were related) for filling out a short questionaire.  In this offer It was clearly stated that for taking the time, I could choose any "thank-you gift" and simply pay the freight.  Fair-enough I thought so I input my CC info via the internet offer site.  The Luminant Skin Creme arrived as promised and I gave it to my girlfriend to try out (to be frank, if she liked it and all else went smooth I would have been happy to reorder).

About two-weeks later I received an e-mail alert from my bank that my CC was used on the internet for $93.95.  When I called the company listed on my bank statement (Global Fullfilment Center in Clearwater Florida) I was told that "since I hadn't returned the sample within the 15-day trial period I had agreed to purchase it."  Yeah, right!  There weren't even that many words on the site that offered the free gift (those were the words used).  Additionaly as a point of humor, I could hear other operators in the background explaining to their callers they were in the same dilemia.

At first they offered me a refund of approximately 1/2 of what I paid and advised that they don't give full refunds to those who had accpted their initial offer but that I could keep the product.  I advised them that they can go down that road if they wish but I would simply dispute this as a faudulant charge (to date, I have never done that with any company so my bank had already advised me that this would give them heavy clout in preventing me from being responsible for this transaction).  Eventually I did get an RMA from Global Fulfillment and I did get a full credit on my account (obviously, not the original freight).  I did sent back the tube.

My final comment is to anyone who is doing their due dilligence before they do what I did...Don't do it!  Why will your experience be any different?  As a final comment, on my bank statement I took a closer look at the charge.  It specifically states "reccurring."  I asked my bank about that and they answered that this charge was entered by the vendor (where they would have to have asserted to this as authorized by myself).  It is too early to tell but it looks like I may need to follow my account for a couple of months to determine whether they attempt to charge my account again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2013 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Luminant-Skin/Nashville-Tennessee-37210/Luminant-Skin-Ingridientchex-LLCGlobal-Fulfillment-Center-FL-Luminant-Skin-Free-Offer-1107506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Luminant Skin