Complaint Review: lunarsleep

• Reported By: Francis — Mendham New Jersey
lunarsleep
Internet USA

lunarsleep need to respond within 14 days too well hidden to notice Internet

I'm very familiar with the advertising ploy of offering a trial and the conditions that apply, but when I ordered a $1.95 trial bottle of LunarSleep I looked all over the screen for any "catch" to the offer. I found none. So I placed my order for the $1.95 bottle. The product is worthless, and the bottle itslef indicates melatonin is virtually the sole ingredient. I tried it twice and it did not work. When I received my credit card bill, I noticed a charge for $1.95, and another for $84.99. I phoned the company and was told I hadn't replied within the required 14-day period. I said I'd never seen any such information in the offer. I was told it was stated on the form I had filled out "in plain English,"  and that they would close the account but I was responsible for the $84.99 because I had not called in time. As noted, I am all too familiar with such caveats when ordering something from an internet advertiser, and always look for such information. But this has to have been very obscure, because I purposely LOOK FOR such information. (I have gone to the site and no longer can find it without going through the ordering process.) This is a company that does not operate on a good-faith policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/lunarsleep/internet/lunarsleep-need-to-respond-within-14-days-too-well-hidden-to-notice-Internet-1146990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on lunarsleep