My 2008 3-5 person corner Infrared Luxsauna caught on fire last night. Luckily, I was siting in the sauna at the time and noticed some flames and smoke coming from the top of my sauna. I immediately got a blanket and water and put out the 1 foot flames. It was an amazing experience. All my fire alarms were going off in my new home. I was luck to not burn the home down. We do have smoke damage.
I was shocked that my infrared Luxsauna could actually catch on fire. I have loved the product and use it 2-3 times a week. I noticed that other brands of infrared saunas have been recalled because they are a fire hazard. Be careful if you are using a luxsauna. I think I am going back to the gym.
I was the lucky one to be using the sauna at the time it caught on fire. Do not use these saunas. I searched the web and found out there is another report on file of a luxsaunas being a fire hazard. Believe it and don't risk your lives of your family members by using the sauna. I have taken pictures of the fire damage caused by my luxsauna catching on fire. So if you need proof, contact me and I will gladly show you.
A word of caution. When I tried to contact the company, I was told it closed down. I have a good idea why that happen. Interestingly, all luxsauna websites or web searches take you to Lux spa. Lux Spa is also located in Denver where Luxsauna's corporate office was located. Furthermore, websites that still highlight luxsauna take you to Luxspa. This may be a coincident, but get the facts if you risk buying an infrared sauna. I have filed a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. I realize that I will not get a refund on my "Lifetime" warranty. However, I think consumers should know that these infrared saunas will catch on fire and have the potential to burn down you home and injury family members. I was lucky. You may not be.