Complaint Review: LYMAN WARD MILITARY ACADEMY

• Submitted: Mon, August 30, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, August 30, 2004

• Reported By:ALPHARETTA Georgia
LYMAN WARD MILITARY ACADEMY
176 WARD CIRCLE CAMP HILL, Alabama U.S.A.

LYMAN WARD MILITARY ACADEMY In March 2004 my son was hit in the back of the head by a commanding officer (student) in his barracks. Now I must pay the remaining medical bills in addition to losing all of my tuition money . CAMP HILL Alabama

In March of 2004 my son was standing at attention when a student commanding officer threw a 2x6 piece of wood and hit him in the back of the head and knocked him unconscious. Because there were no adults at night on their floor, the other students put him in bed and told my son to say that he was hit by a door. After shaking and asking for help, 2 students realized he needed immediate medical attention and took him to the infirmiry. He was then rushed to a nearby hospital where it was declared he had a concussion.

I picked him up from the hospital and brought him home. There has been no refund of tuition and now I am having to pay the balance of bills not covered by insurance. I just received a bill from the school for $1509 for the hospital visit.

Beacuase I am out of state it impossible to find an attorney to get my tuition returned or my medical bills paid. The one attorney I finally found just mysteriously sent all my paperwork back without a call or any notice.

All I want is my tuition and medical bills reimbursed.

Kellie
ALPHARETTA, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2004 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LYMAN-WARD-MILITARY-ACADEMY/CAMP-HILL-Alabama-36850/LYMAN-WARD-MILITARY-ACADEMY-In-March-2004-my-son-was-hit-in-the-back-of-the-head-by-a-comm-106103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LYMAN WARD MILITARY ACADEMY